What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-More pain at work

Terminator

First Grade
This time on the first day at my new building site on the hill in DeeWhy, this formworker dropped a heavy timber from a three metre height, the timber hit a two kilo steel screwjack which was on a concrete slab half a metre below my head, result, screwjack flys 5 metres through the air and hits me in the head.
Damage: loose a quarter of a litre of blood out of my head, three stitches and a black eye.
The Doctor said if it had hit me one inch to the left I could of lost my right eye, and if it had hit me one inch to the right I could of been hit in the temple and killed.
Oh well at least I have the rest of the day off.

Jedda

Juniors
Sounds like a cunning plan you've devised to avoid work and gain sympathy from all the girls on this forum, you sly dog! :p

parra_princess

Juniors
Termy; firstly...I hope all is well. Secondly, tell your trade union and instead of seeing red see the big fat dollars sign chaaaching!

Missa

Juniors
geez that is awful u poor thing......luck was certainly on your side...put all your cash on a horse for the cup and no doubt your luck will pay off....take it easy terminator

garden fairy

Juniors
Welcome to my world. I've had the past three weeks off work because I got, what the doctor termed "a sore back", which should've been clear three weeks minus three days ago. Four doctors visits, 3 physio visits, two tests and $200 later, they find that it is a little more than a sore back, it is, in fact, a minor disc bulge in my lower spine.

So, here I sit, going slowly insane...I don't take forced holidays well. Anymore than 2 days without human contact, and my family comes home to find me writing poetry to our pets. *sigh* I need a life.

Hope you get better Termy, I feel your pain!

Leasha

Juniors
That's awful Termy! :( Hopefully its not so painful that you can't keep up your highly-valued and appreciated views on football and life here on the forum! :D
Hope you're feeling better soon!! *kisses* :)

The_Ben

Juniors
Time to retire I say. Live the good life on DeeWhy beach instead. Good fish and chips opposite the beach.

Always spend my summer days down there.

Terminator

First Grade
Would have filled a coffee cup easy Goknights, my shirt, right arm and hand was soaked with blood and my face , well I looked like something out of one of the endings of one of the battles in Brave heart.
I have filled out a compo claim over the matter and will get sick pay for the day off.
Everyone was astounded to see me back at work this morning, and my hero status has risen around the two sites on the hill, I am known to some now as one eye.
Because I can only see out of my left eye properly I was allowed to lay blocks for most of the day or set up scaffolding, as they didnt want cement dust to go into my right eye and infect it from the cement mixer.
Thanks to all the chicks on here for your kind sympathys, they are recieved gratefully.

Andy

First Grade
Hey Loser.... Have you thought that just maybe...... The FORMWORKER didn't drop that heavy timber by accident????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe according to him.. The ONLY PAIN AT WORK was you Termie the guys 3 meters below him. Maybe the formworker didnt realise the concrete slab was blocking his access... I'd say you must have had your head speared by a screwjack many times before... Thats probably your method of cosmetic surgey!

:p :p :p :p

It seems to me that you're the loser on this site GoKnights.

Don't you have anything better to do than post in here at 5 o'clock in the morning???

5AM is the perfect time of the day to fill paper bags full of shit and drop them on people's doorsteps on behalf of disgruntled idiots.

mrford61

Juniors
walking home from the pub tonight I cut through someones yard and tripped on a garden gnome and lost a litre of blood and nearly lost both eyes and nearly cut my femeral artery and nearly bled to death and nearly spilt the beer I was drinking.

* mrford61 waits anxiously for female sympathy*

Leasha

Juniors
mrford61 said:
walking home from the pub tonight I cut through someones yard and tripped on a garden gnome and lost a litre of blood and nearly lost both eyes and nearly cut my femeral artery and nearly bled to death and nearly spilt the beer I was drinking.

* mrford61 waits anxiously for female sympathy*

Female sympathy has arrived:
YOU NEARLY SPILT YOUR BEER??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
You don't need female sympathy - crongratulations are in order from the male members of this forum for saving the BEER!!

Well Done Champ :D

Its the funniest thing watching the cricket and they go for a catch without spilling the beer.With the money they win they could shout the mates a few later!
Guess your feeling better by now[sat]But black eyes...They last for weeks and are good for sympathy from the female kind...aaawwww
Tell them you fought off 3...no 5! men with your bare hands! :shock: :lol:

124 days of suffering for Rooster losers...Make em count! :twisted:

Latest posts