What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
That's right, we're back this year, but now we're the Newcastle Knights! After a season as the Glebe Dirty Reds, we've been given the go ahead to participate in the 2006 competition as the Newcastle Knights.

The PvP (Possibles vs. Probables) tournament is coming up, and I think it's a great opportunity for all of us to get some match practice in before the new season starts next year. The tournament starts late October/early November, with each side playing three or four bouts on the way to hopefully winning the PvP cup. If any of you remember, we were eliminated in the final last year by the Bulls.

So, who is interested in playing for the Knights' next year?

Also, who would be up for playing in the tournament?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Current Newcastle Knights 2006 F7's Squad
1: chriswalkerbush (c)
2: MrCharisma
3: thuganomics
4: Johns Magic
5: The_Joey_Show (vc)
6: Red and Blue Knight
7: Hutty1986
8: Cake or Death
9: les norton

I know there are others, but I'll give everyone a chance to confirm. We've got room for up to fifteen

I'm in for the PvP... I didn't get a chance to play in that comp last year, and from all reports it's where we did all our best work!

Looking forward to getting back into F7's. As a frustrated Rugby League journalist, I love writing about the game.

antonius

Coach
JoeysWheelchair05 said:
When does the actual season start? Not the p v p
The actual 2006 forum sevens seasons will start around the same time as the NRL season start, and will finish about the same time as the NRL season.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Just a few quick questions. What does this whole thing involve, and would I be good enough to do it?

RABK

Referee
chriswalkerbush said:
Current Newcastle Knights 2006 F7's Squad
1: chriswalkerbush (c)
2: MrCharisma
3: thuganomics
4: Johns Magic
5: The_Joey_Show (vc)
6: Red and Blue Knight
7: Hutty1986
8: Cake or Death
9: les norton

I know there are others, but I'll give everyone a chance to confirm. We've got room for up to fifteen

Can me and Hutty switch jerseys'....Barrett and Johns. ;-)

thuganomics

Coach
You have to write a 750 article related to Rugby League. You will be marked by judges and your total will combine with your teams total against another team and the team with the most points win.

I think you would be good JD. Are you good at essays?

RABK

Referee
thuganomics said:
You have to write a 750 article related to Rugby League. You will be marked by judges and your total will combine with your teams total against another team and the team with the most points win.

I think you would be good JD. Are you good at essays?

Maximum 750 word article. They like you to get as close to 750 as possible but you will be penalised points if the article exceeds 750 words.

You know you're on a good article when you're struggling to keep it under 750 words and have to cut out alot of material.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Red and Blue Knight said:
Your an idiot Paul. *Have a bite Paul*

I'll make us a banner CWB.
:lol: :lol: U'll hav to do better than that!!!

Btw is it based on anything rugby league related, or can it be Knights related, or is it completely up to the individual.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It has to be somehow rugby league related. Oswin did quite an intriguing piece on urinal etiquette last year

Give it a go Paulie... it's great fun! You'll love it.

It's got a great team atmosphere, and it's quite enjoyable sometimes to sit down and actually write about an issue or a player or something that you are passionate about. The Knights (formerly the Dirty Reds) are a great team. I wrote a piece last year (which I thought was the best thing I wrote all year, but the ref wasn't keen on) about the Dirty Reds team... comparing us to a real footy team in the way that we encourage and support each other and cover for each other in the hard times.

Don't pull out because you think it's too hard... we had to beg Les Norton to play last year because she thought it would be too hard, and she was far and away our star player.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ok then Matt, I'll give it a go. However, I'm not promising big things, I'll prob be the WORST player on the team, but u hav convinced me to give it a go.

Good stuff!

The best thing about F7's is that (unlike survivor) it's not a full time commitment. If you've got a lot on your plate, or you're working a lot or on holidays or whatever, you just don't play that week. Chris has a 15 man squad and you only need to field 5 players.

Last year, during the regular season, I think Chris played all 10 games and I played 9, but we had some players only make 2 or 3 appearances.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Slightly off topic, but I've been given the captaincy for Great Britain in the F7's Tri-Series.

Does anyone feel like a run? You don't need to be British, heh