What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

RABK

Referee
:D

Never sweat with me guys. Just with work and all i sometimes only get home 10 minutes before 9. :LOL:

Personally dissapointed with my article, though the last time i said that i scored 91. But if there is a week to have a low scoring article i guess this is it - 5 on 3 it is, fulltime.

Misanthrope

Staff member
We're all good, kids. Nice effort to get five in again, special thanks to guest star - brandell. This win should keep us well and truly in the hunt.

RABK

Referee
Next game is the Panthers, they are undefeated.

Let's stick it to them and be the first to defeat them. :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
Let's stick it to them and be the first to defeat them.

If that's to be the case, I say we do what we can to get our best possible side on the field. I know les is busy with her thesis, but let's get a side together and working on articles ASAP! I don't want to be dashing away from the TV during commercials during House to make sure we're going to get five in :lol:

PrideKnight

Bench
I should have saved guys like me for this week....

I want in, on the run on side, i wasnt there when we beat penrith last time, i sure as hell wanna be this time, so i can finally raise my hand when the question gets asked

Great work getting the articles in on time guys... I thought it was gonna be a lonely old match when I checked at lunch time today and I was the only person from either side who had posted!

Bushy, your article was a masterstroke and a copy of it should immediately be sent to the club. Off topic slightly, I doubted that even you could weasel a phrase like "moist with excitement" into an F7's article, but alas I was proven wrong...:)

Oh, and I'm in for next week... if I make the cut for this "dream team" you are assembling!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Off topic slightly, I doubted that even you could weasel a phrase like "moist with excitement" into an F7's article, but alas I was proven wrong...

You'd be surprised with the things I can weasel and the places into which they can be weaselled. ;-)

Glad you enjoyed it. Was feeling slightly insane when I wrote it.

MrCharisma

Bench
Will have to think about a good article for the Panthers... didn't play for a while while TJS was in charge and have been a little rusty.

Should have a stella thought in the days to come...

RABK

Referee
I've got a good idea for my next article.

So if i make the dream team count me in, or on the bench if needed there.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: CWBush (c)
2: PrideKnight
3: MrCharisma
4: The Joey Show
5: Red and Blue Knight

6:
7:
8:

We need three subs. I'm also leaving a run on spot open for les should she want a run.

les norton

First Grade
Sorry about dinconnecting last night chris...I hate my internet!!

is it next wednesday they have to be in by?
I really would like to but i would hate to let you down. I will write it this weekend and if its not done by then..then you can sub someone in.

I honestly have nothing atm so i hope i dont let you all down a motza if i actually get it in.

OMG pressure...what if its a dud...

WE WIN, WE WIN, WE WIN....

An easy victory this week guys, downing last year's Premiers 422-258. Hardly an unexpected result given that the game was 5 vs 3, but we can only beat who the opposition trot out and we have done that convincingly. Two points is two points, keeps us right in the hunt for a finals berth. Scores were as follows:
Me - 83
Bushy - 85
MrC - 87
Brandell - 79
RABK - 88

Congrats to all on a top team performance, and particularly to Jamie on a well deserved Man of the Match award.

Let's use this momentum as we gear up for a big one against the Panthers.

Big Tim

First Grade
The_Joey_Show said:
Thanks for the nice words mate. I showed Tim the article before I put it up, and he told me that it embarrasses the hell out of him, which adds to the fun of it for me!

I think I only just realised how many people are going to read that article TJS.... Now I am really embarassed...:oops: :oops:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bleh, what is it with refs and not liking my brand of wit? Infidels. Top effort from the side, and thanks to brandell for a late submission that he didn't expect to have to make. Another good win by the side, and we've got the Panthers next round.

les - article would be due Wednesday week (so you've got this weekend and the next)