What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Shattered.

We've gone down by one measly point, 438 to 437. The whole season literally came down to one point.

As I posted in the game thread, I just want all you guys to know that I'm honoured to have taken the field with you this year. When you look at the depth of the squads and the amount of debutantes we have fielded this year, surely we have been the overachievers of the season.

Looking forward to suiting up again next year. Go The Knights.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Conggrats on an almighty effort guys. Sounds like you had a devil of a time just getting 5 in. Most worthy opponents.

Good luck next year.

Misanthrope

Staff member
A disappointing way to end a tremendous season, but I know I'll be departing with head held high. As I said in the game thread, we struggled to get a squad together and still only went down by one point. PK and TJS were both last minute inclusions, djmac was a ring in who has hinted at perhaps wanting to continue, and MrC and I had a devil of a time getting something in due to work committments and/or lack of internet. To think that we'd be in the semi finals with even one person able to play unhindered by 'real life' is a huge boost. It was a tremendous effort under strain, and we'll be stronger for it.

As for next season, I daresay I'll let this rest a little while before starting a recruitment drive. We had a handful of core players doing the hard yards this year, and I think that needs to change. A clean-out of players who never asked for a run and some recruitment could see us go the extra mile.

Also folks, don't forget to vote in the End of Season Awards. So far it's just been TJS and I.

PrideKnight

Bench
Well, thats the end of that chapter.

I feel dreadful, coz mystique liked the first part of my "I League Player" story, but then Gorilla didnt like the second, and i got confused and dropped the concept this week thinking Mystique was the one who didnt like it, if i have had done part 3 (the game) i think we could have won..

Oh well, Spilt milk and no use crying and all that, i'll be back next year. I may even take the time to create a profile for the f7's website....

Misanthrope

Staff member
Gorilla doesn't like much. I wouldn't let his refereeing turn you off an idea you enjoy writing.

PrideKnight

Bench
I've been really lazy and havent bothered to do this yet, so i am now...
bushy, get on the PM machine and rally the troops

- Player of the Year TJS
- Rookie of the Year Parki (his one anti rant aside lol)
- Best Team Performance of the Year Penrith Game
- Best Article Would i be a tool if i nominated guys like me?? its just it meant a lot to me...
- Player's Player TJS, damn fine VC

les norton

First Grade
And to the very cool Tony!!!!

Referee of the Year - no small feat yaself there!!! :D

Congrats mate.

I missed PK's award...limited time last night to check things out. Well done mate.
Dont we have a talented bunch of peeps in the knights forum...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Congrats to everyone who won awards, it's recognition for the fine season we had.

Next season's a ways off yet, so I won't start preparing just yet, but if you know anybody who would make a good addition to our playing roster - let me know.

I've been immobile and therefore offline for the last few days, so I only just got the news of my award!

All I can say is thanks for those who voted for me, it is much appreciated. To be perfectly honest I feel like a massive fraud winning an MVP Award for a side that has the talent for Les, PK, CWB and others on it's roster, but it is nice to know that you guys appreciate me showing up and takling a hit-up every week.

Looking forward to pulling on the colours and having another run with you guys next year.

BTW Bushy, I'm working on a recruit. Not sure if he will be keen, but if he is he could be the signing of the season (ssssshhhhhhh.......)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Guess we need to start getting organised soon. I'll take a roll call and then work on filling up the empty places.

Current 2007 Squad
1: CWBush (c)
2: MrCharisma

Misanthrope

Staff member
Alright guys, time to get serious. The season's not far from kicking off and we've only got four confirmed players. Who else is keen? Anyone got friends they can recruit?

1: CWBush (c)
2: MrCharisma
3: The_Joey_Show
4: les norton
5: brandell
6: PrideKnight (?)
7: Parki (?)
8. Red and Blue Knight (?)
9: chriscolumbo (?)

Do I need to step up and recruit IGBF? :p