What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Black Kitty

Juniors
Teams looking good C.W :sarcasm:

I can put something together tomorrow morning if your still needing to fill spots?
Just let me know.

Hallatia

Referee
I have an issue, my name is Hallatia not Locky_Jr:fist:

I wrote something the other day, so if I am needed that will need to be fixed

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ah, was wondering where you'd disappeared to :lol:

I'll edit you into my squad, and run it by the appropriate people. You right to start?

Hallatia

Referee
I am still on msn *glares*, I think I should be right to although I still have not typed my article up, but I will, I get home early tomorrow anyway

Misanthrope

Staff member
With our current season two games from conclusion and our chances of making the top four hinging on two big wins and results going our way - I guess now is as good a time as any to make an announcement that I've been contemplating making for much of this season.

After the final round of competition in two weeks, I'll be stepping down as captain of the Knights and leaving the team. It was a pleasure to be a part of the outfit as the Glebe Dirty Reds and during last year's semi final berth - but the departure of key players and the growing difficulty in getting a squad together every week has turned what was a fun role into more of a 'job'.

To those who've stuck with the team (or joined the team) during this difficult season and contributed, thankyou. You've made the job that little bit easier, and it's been a pleasure playing alongside you. But the fact remains that there are only two or three people who I'm able to rely on each week, and the remaining places seem to be taken up by eleventh hour phone calls or MSN nudges.

So, once the season is done, I'll step down as captain of the Knights and put myself on the open market to find a new club. Where does this leave the Knights? I'm not sure. I'm more than happy to help the new captain (whoever they may be) - but my enjoyment in the game of F7s has diminished in recent months, and this has a lot to do with the strain of having to try and organise a side that is at an all time low in terms of player commitment and involvement.

Those of you who have been helping out and posting know who you are. My thanks for your commitment. :)

As for the final game of the season, who is up for a run? Don't make me go out there alone in my final game :lol:

1: Misanthrope (c)

antonius

Coach
You've done a great job with the team Chris, it's a shame that it ends like this. There's always a fulltime refs job open for you if you want it.

Black Kitty

Juniors
I'm really sad to see that C.W :cry:

though I can see where your coming from and completely understand.
Even writing is more of a chore than fun now, as I've mentioned before.
I was going to put myself on the open market for the start of next season again too, and now without you as captain I can't see the Knight surviving.

I will be honoured to have one last run with you Captain, it's been a pleasure working with you :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
:lol:

Can you play this round? If I can, I'd like to have my last round not involve a frantic rush in the last hour to get a side together. After that, you're free to go wherever you want (or retire, if you so desire).

Downie

Guest Moderator
Ah, sure, what the hell, I'll have something for ya this round.

It was the girl that convinced me, not you CWB ;-)

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm as big a stickler for tradition as the next guy, but can we break from what's become standard and have a team organised before the day entries are due? Is it stands our lineup is:

1: CWBush (c)
2: Downie
3: Black Kitty

So we need two more and some subs. Who's keen for one last run?

Black Kitty

Juniors
We don't have our team posted yet CW.?
Does that mean that yet again no one's let you know and we don't have one?

I still want to post, even if it's just the three of us, it's our last run after all :)

I have my article done but I wont be online much later, need to know if I can post it please?
I'll PM it to you just in case and maybe you can proxy for me?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, we only got four in, but so did they - so our fate is in our hands.

Irregardless of the outcome, it's been real, guys. Thanks for a wonderful ride.