What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mine's in, hope ya'll like it.

It's in the hands of the referee now. Personally I think there's some damn fine articles there. I just wish Colombo had done some formatting on his! Here's hoping, guys!

Red and Blue Knight said:
5 vs 5

I'm gonna retire if i cost you's the win! :lol:

Bullsh!t you are! No-one retires from the Knights after one loss... in my previous life as a Dirty Red I had a Daniel Tolar-like record for number of games without cracking it for a win. :lol:

Seriously though, I've just had a look through all our articles and in my (unbiased :lol:) opinion we've got them covered. Jamie, I thought yours suited your style perfectly... your natural passion really shone through and that enhanced the piece greatly. Chris, yours had me deadset worried when I thought you were dreaming about Luke Covell.

And Les... what can I say? What do you inhale before you come up with your ideas? I'd give my left arm for just one of those flashes of brilliance. I thought I'd read it all last year, but a David Attenborough doco? Sheer brilliance, had me bawling with laughter!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Top effort from the team. RABK continues the trend of solid debuts in the red and blue, and all in all we generated another damn fine score.

So, who wants a run in the final? We've got to get some revenge for last year's extra time loss!

I'm in for sure and certain! You can't play as many unsuccessful rounds as I have and then not get a starting shirt in a cup final!

C'mon Knights! A trophy would be a great way to start our time as a club!

Captain in a cup final? Surely not...

Chris, I'm stunned at receiving such an honour, but I think you deserve the honour much more than I...

RABK

Referee
Yay!

Once again though, and i must thankyou for your help this past week chris, i'll need someone to go over my article. :)

You're retirement party was never on!

Have a chat to Les about being a good player in an ordinary side and I guarantee that retirement would not have been an option.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Captain in a cup final? Surely not...

Chris, I'm stunned at receiving such an honour, but I think you deserve the honour much more than I...

Well, I'd just like to be on the bench in case I'm needed to cover a player. Let's face it - not many others can say that they're online at game time and can whip together an article in ten minutes.

Have a chat to Les about being a good player in an ordinary side and I guarantee that retirement would not have been an option.

Les is a tremendous player, but to call her a good player in an ordinary side is a little unfair to some of the others. Cake or Death averaged 86 (and scored our highest score of 94), both you and MrCharisma averaged 84, and I ended up with an average of 85.50 after ten games. I'm not trying to belittle Les' achievement in any way, but I think a lot of the guys who played five or more games (C or D, myself, MrCharisma, TJS) deserve a wrap. It's hard to write consistently good articles (like the above did, on averages).

My bad. I shoudn't have said "an ordinary side". A good side that got ordinary results is more accurate.

To any Knights / Reds that took offence, I apologize. No-one more than me knows how well we played last season for limited success.

Misanthrope

Staff member
To any Knights / Reds that took offence, I apologize. No-one more than me knows how well we played last season for limited success.

Wasn't 'upping you', mate - just wanted to point out to people (who may not have been familiar with our fortunes last year) that the side is definitely one that has a lot of talent. Les deserves every wrap she gets, I just sometimes think others who put in similarly gallant efforts weren't getting the wraps they're due. MrC in particular has been a damn fine benchie on a number of occasions.

RABK

Referee
To be quite honest, i see a squad that'll be there come the business end of the season. 7 or 8 writers capable of averaging 85-90. :clap:

MrCharisma

Bench
Good win peps... one more and we've got the gold.

I'm glad I've got the rest from the last game, because I've got a article to be written for Great Britain and for Newcastle.

les norton

First Grade
I never considered us a bad side last year...i think we were consistantly unlucky and as it has been said numerous times before...we would of kicked every others side in that rounds arse.

I can feel it in me bones people...2006 is our year.

A huge congrats to Jamie!!! look at our youngen....doing so well!!

:D

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: The_Joey_Show (c)
2: Red and Blue Knight
3: thuganomics
4:
5:

6: chriswalkerbush
7: MrCharisma

Come on guys! We need three more!