What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - pirates #2

northey

First Grade
well it has been announced that pirates of the caribbian #2 will be released in 2005...
but they have to make it first!!! lol

so we can see the very good looking orlando bloom and johnny depp, i just love his character in POTC!!

northey

First Grade
Are you looking forward to 'Troy'? Orlando Bloom, Eric Bana and Brad Pitt?

umm yeah i love the story of troy.. so i am intrested to see the movie when it comes out.. don't really like brad pitt

Excellent. it will probably be even better than the first one

i thought the first one was great

northey

First Grade
most people have signed on, but there is a slim chance it will not go ahead.... but there is a greater chance that the movie will happen

~bedsy~

First Grade
I can't wait should be great.... I can't wait till march weh I can buy the first one :D

If this movie is released in the US Summer, it'll have to compete with Star Wars 3. The final installment of the saga. Pirates will more than have it's work cut out for itself if it wants to get a third installment.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Well it did pretty well with the first one.... plus with star wars it would be 6.
Do you know if it has a script yet?

northey

First Grade
Do you know if it has a script yet?

if priates has a script.. it has got one..

you can not go into pre production with out a script or a third draft of a script.. so i would say they have a script..
what they do is they have to show the script to the actors who will be in it as well before the actors say they will be in the movie

Encurly

Juniors
bedsy said:
.... plus with star wars it would be 6.

Nope, DMC is right, it's 3. The movies are numbered according to the saga chronology, rather than when they were released. So the original Star Wars is episode 4, Empire Strikes Back is 5 and Return of the Jedi is 6. Then Phantom Menace is 1, Attack of the Clones is 2, and the next one is 3. Later on they'll make 7, 8 and 9.

les norton

First Grade
I have a bet going with a friend...in terms of box office dollars who do you guys think will make more.....star wars III or spiderman II? I think im going to lose!! :(

Star Wars is a gaurenteed money winner. With it being the last one, you can be assured of people coming out to see the scrolling text for one last time. It is the sixth one made, but it'll be Episode 3 in the titles.

Spiderman will be a hit as well. It has a recognised fanbase like Star Wars with the comics, while Pirates will rely on it's 3 year success. It didn't work for the Matrix, but the Matrix had Lord of the Rings to combat the audience with, not in direct competition, but the expectations were there. Dunst is out of Spiderman 2 I believe, so there's an angle lost.

I doubt Pirates would have a finished script yet. They'd have to have had a story to pitch to the stars and production company and I'm sure they'll get into casting soon with an idea to start shooting towards the middle of the year.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Encurly said:
bedsy said:
.... plus with star wars it would be 6.

Nope, DMC is right, it's 3. The movies are numbered according to the saga chronology, rather than when they were released. So the original Star Wars is episode 4, Empire Strikes Back is 5 and Return of the Jedi is 6. Then Phantom Menace is 1, Attack of the Clones is 2, and the next one is 3. Later on they'll make 7, 8 and 9.
I realise that I'm not completely stupid... I was saying that there will be 6 of them all together.