What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Recreate Forum

Terminator

First Grade
I might just have to let it go, but does any of the old regulars on Knights forum have much knowledge of website design?
What I'm getting at is if we can't have our beloved forum back, maybe someone can recreate and moderate it in it's exact form, which was pretty damn simple and easy to get around on, it was'nt cluttered up with avatars and overdone emoticons, which is why I think it worked so well, anyway just a thought.

There was a lot of politics involved in the close down, Termi. The current climate of forums, particularly in this sport, aren't exactly magnets for webmasters and designers. It's becoming a mine field.

Terminator

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
There was a lot of politics involved in the close down, Termi. The current climate of forums, particularly in this sport, aren't exactly magnets for webmasters and designers. It's becoming a mine field.
Its another sad sign of an increasingly fearful society, soon we won't be able to breath without getting permission.
DanishMoo Cow who were you on the Forum?

I was Wedge, Termi. Nice to see you in one piece, too.

I think that it's good Australia is having an internet revolution of some sort. I just hope common sense prevails.

Alex28

Coach
he was wedge termi. i was Alex26 - i just got a bit older ;)

i think this forum is fine - it's the people that make the place and when everyone gets the message to come over here i dont think there will be any problems.

Terminator

First Grade
Wedge!
How you going!
Is'nt this a bit like ashipwreck on an Island with all of the survivors starting to run into each other!
To be honest our new home(hopefully temporary) sucks!
But I guess we can all come here now and liven it up abit, all we need now is Untouchable, BIHK(I'm starting to miss those good old Rudder debates already) Chicken Hunter, Sammy, Glamour girl and the rest of them to come on.
A few others are here, Chook is back as Original_Chook, Alex_26 is abit older now at Alex_28, MParki is now simply Parki, we have Big Tim 2, haha, the wise Antonius, Knights Gal -85 in original format, Roopy with all the Juniors knowledge, and others.

Doctor

Bench
Hmmm: No mention of poor old Chook here. :( Clearly my invitation was lost in the mail - really...it's o.k....no, I insist I'm not offended one bit... :roll:

As for politics of forums - you're right about getting a permit to breath these days - the threat of legal action, personal attacks and the remote possibility of people becoming obsessive about arguments spoils it for everyone.

The issue that comes with creating your own forum is that someone has to moderate it. I was quite happy with Wayne's moderation, but clearly he didn't share mutual feelings on the issue, and now things are "in review".

I'm just disappointed how it has been handled.

Anonymous

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:

Yeah Maybe the truth hurts.... I suspect Conway or Hill are responsible for taking it off air.. Worried that someone might actually discover the truth about them!
:twisted:

Terminator

First Grade
How you going Chook( religous nut like me) and Alex, sorry I did'nt mention you's, I edited my last post to put you's in.

Anonymous

Juniors
terminator007 said:
How you going Chook( religous nut like me) and Alex, sorry I did'nt mention you's, good to see you and all the old crew getting back.

You forget ME Termite007 :D

Let go mate.. This FORUM is heaps better.. faster and has Poll options etc

Wake up to youself man - Out with the Old in with the New.. Just like they should do with the Knighst Management and Board :)

Terminator

First Grade
Vigilante! Sorry how could I forget!
This forum is faster, I've just started to notice that too, um the emoticons really suck!
They are all the same colour.
I suppose its OK.

Anonymous

Juniors
terminator007 said:
Vigilante! Sorry how could I forget!
This forum is faster, I've just started to notice that too, um the emoticons really suck!
They are all the same colour.
I suppose its OK.
Yes termite.. All they need to do is add some red with the blue and colour a few emoticons and it will be fine!
Grat to have you back too mate!

Big Tim

First Grade
terminator007 said:
we have Big Tim 2, haha,

I was thinknig Big Tim Mach 2, but I like the simpleness of Big Tim2. Simple life is an easy life.

Hopefully Big Tim2 is alot smarter than the original.

princess plj

Juniors
i swear i either missed something but in one day the forum goes without anyone saying anything....not happy!!! surely u let ppl know that forum is going to be goooonnnneeee......

its not that same....but we have to get on with this new change and make it our home.......

(but if they bring back the old forum i won't mind)

Anonymous

Juniors
Hats off to the Knights for a 1st class piece of public relations. Sensational.

I went into the old Forum; it tells me it is outta commission due to a scheduled outing or some such crap.

Then without any reason as to why, the forum is gone.

What a bunch of chicken shit lawyer phobic morons made that decision.

-GS. :roll:

Doctor

Bench
Hats off to the Knights for a 1st class piece of public relations. Sensational.

I went into the old Forum; it tells me it is outta commission due to a scheduled outing or some such crap.

Then without any reason as to why, the forum is gone.

What a bunch of chicken shit lawyer phobic morons made that decision.

Well my mail tells me that no decision has been made by anyone - at this stage it is just an issue that is being addressed and legal advice sought. Meanwhile the Knights are without their old forum and the members who have no contact with other members besides in the forum won't know where discussions have moved to.

I just think it is a poor P.R move to chop something without informing people - a suddenly and definative swing of the axe, without any indication of why or when - pretty ordinary if you ask me. :?

Parki

Bench
Heres an interesting point yesterday that was raised at oki

How come the wall is allowed to operate even though our forum largely regarded as the most friendliest forum around is facing legal action? Did our moderator ever have to censor us from the stuff that was posted? Not in the 2 years that I was there.... and yet the wall continues to function and breach every so called rule that our forum is in breach of without fear of sanction or it shutting down.....

Food for thought anyway

northey

First Grade
terminator007 i totally agree man this forum is alright for now but we have to get the ppl back from the old frum just cant let go of it like everyone else!!!
we need a forum like you said...it should contain all the members from the knights forum......
i really miss talking to thoes guys they were always funny and my friend who i only ever got to talk to on there ken bennedy did anyone let him know we have come here???? or should i let him know??
also i wouldn't have known that we had all come here for the time being if it wasn't for henry ( aqua_duck ) and knightsgal85!