What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Shame Dats won't play but other guys have really stepped up particuarly Dan Cleary I've been quite impressed with him this year so Red Wings will be fine.

As good as Crosby and Malkin are, and whoever else they have, they are probably easy to shut down once you deal with their top liners. It's harder with the Red Wings because you don't know what'll happen. THink you got LIdstrom all figured out some one else takes over...

Sood

Juniors
The newfie has been amazing, as has Franzenstein and Z.

I just want dats back for defence tbh. I dont care if hes not scoing a ton of points, he is not 1 dimentional. Plus i love watching him play the most.

It be nice to have him and Z covering malkin and sid.

But oh well, if hes not playing, filpulla & the hoss have to stand up.

Im kinda nervous 4 tommorrow.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Red Wings lead 2-1 after two periods. They are were a bit lazy for much of the 2nd giving the Pens a ton of chances, which is very un-like the Red Wings I must say. But I've felt the Pens have been trying to get all physical and try and over ride the Red Wings, who just took it all in and carried on.

Though I think both sides are a bit nervoues being first game and all

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Red Wings take Game 1 and game 2 is on tomorrow night (morning for us!), I thought the Red Wings young gun made some great plays tonight and stepped it up and for the Penguins well they were ok but not great, only one who was impressive I thought was Malkin while Crosby was just pure disappointing.

Sood

Juniors
abdelkaddddderrrrrrrrr:crazy:

I felt before the game id be happy to split these stoopid back to back games (since we missing dats), but now that the wings won game 1 there is a huge opportunity if they can come out strong tommorrow.

Z was great on crosby, i hope to see that continue.

Sood

Juniors
abdelkaddddderrrrrrrrr:crazy:

we got a bit lucky with this game, but whatever, ill take it!

god.. if we can win game 3...

Z kept crosby scoreless again, ownage.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
LOL we'll see what happens. I don't think the Pens are going to go down without a fight and I expect they'll bounce back but they need a new game plan that's for sure

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
It just goes to show why the Red Wings are so damn good, much to everyone's annoyance!! LOL. They've been there so many times and won it four times in the last 11-12 years they have all the knowledge behind in what is required.

Oh and Malkin won't be suspended for his little kerfuffle near the end of the 3rd period

Sood

Juniors
Hes ben day to day for weeks now.

I wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt play again this season.. but we really need him.

Hossa was crap today. Hopefully he can do his usual 2 goal's in game 4 thing.

Sood

Juniors
Looks like i might have made a good prediction on dats for game 4.

He did drills for the first time today, skating on a line with flip and hoss.

supposedly he skated well, if he turns up tommorrow feeling no worse i rekon hes in!

god i hope so, hed be so usefull against malkin.

draper is back as well. having 2 selke winners back in the team for game 4 would be useful!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Just reading up a report about Dats, it doesn't sound like he'll even play any part in the rest of this series...:(

on the other hand good thing good ol Draper is back :)