What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Well it does but at least it ain't all one way.

One thing I have noticed with the Wings lately in this year's playoffs they've really struggled to win away form home, thus requiring more effort to be winning and they just ain't doing it.

Gotta give credit to the Pen though fightning back like they have in the last few games...

Sood

Juniors
5 - 0! nice!

really good win, pens really gooned it up after the 2nd goal.

having dats back was huge.

now we just gotta figure out how to beat the pens at mellon. i really dont want it to go to 7. too scary.

Sood

Juniors
I guess wings have a slight advantage with the game being at JLA, however its game 7 and anything can happen.

I just hope whoever wins, that the game is won by the better team and not bad bounces/bad reffing.

Sood

Juniors
Looks like the pens will win.

Grats to them, they showed they want it more i guess.

pens are a good team, im sure this is just the first of many for them.

good for them, sucks for me... :(

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Couldn't believe the way the commentators were going on about Crosby's injuury. FFS he deserved it, who asked him to try and sneak down that side. Of course he was gonna get hit. Duh!!

Sood

Juniors
Least ericsson scored so we dont get shut out.

and screw hossa, how doesn he not score 1 goal in the finals. total letdown, hes ment to want it the most. I hope we dont re sign him for next season.

Sood

Juniors
Sucky way to end a season though, specially to loose to the pens. ughhh

ahh well, its just sport, theres always next year. blah blah blah

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Sucky way to end a season though, specially to loose to the pens. ughhh

ahh well, its just sport, theres always next year. blah blah blah

Well to be the best you have to beat the best I suppose.

Repeats are hard to do in the NHL as well, guess youth does triumph experience for the most part.

Well done Pens. Fully deserved. it's been a great series to watch.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
And yeh it sucks to lose but I'd rather lose to the Pens (or even Stars) then to any other team in the NHL!! Particularly the Ducks, Aves, Devils..and a few others I can't stand.

Sood

Juniors
I donno, ima be in canada all next season and watching them pimping crosby and seeing him raise the cup over and over is going to hurt.
Its the wings own fault though, not showing up in the last 2 games till they were pretty much over. I donno wtf their problem was.
Wings have had a blessed run in cup finals for a while now, i guess they were always due to loose one eventually.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
LOL ah the Crosby love-affair I feel for you having to put up with that, but to be honest I don't see or relaly think he's that fantastic to be honest. (despite what the experts, fans say.) Good, decent player with a fair bit of talent but that's about it. I don't think he's anywhere near is good as most other players. I always thought Malkin has been a way better player in the finals anyway.

That's true about the Wings thou, I just felt they let the Pens back in, in games 3 + 4 and the Pens were just good enough to take advantage of that.
Suppose the Penguins had nothing to lose in this series because it didn't matter if they lost anyway where as I think more was on the line for the Wings, and they lost their way a bit. Still it's a good series to learn from and they'll definitely have learned plenty which will put them in good stead for next year.

This off-season is going to feel long now. *sighs*

Sood

Juniors
Well, they will definately be more hungry next season. When they were when they got beat by the ducks in 07, wings came out flying next season.

Still, u get to game 7 stanley cup finals, loose on home ice, HUGE missed oportunity.

Crosby is good, however wings have proven that he can be shut down. 3 points in the finals was it?

Malkin deserved the conn i guess.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Oh yeah losoing the big one on home ice is painful!!

Eh not sure about Crosby's numbers in this series I wasn't really following, or cared. haha.

It's funny but sometimes you learn a lot more losing then you do winning.