What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Rangers ended Ottawa 2-1

Jersey and Florida tie 2-2 with minutes left

So with seeding

Should be NYR V WAS and NJD/FLO V PHI

Valheru

Coach
Heart attack stuff from the Devils. Not for the first time this series they give away a significant lead, luckily they were good enough to win in OT.

I am stoked they are through but they can’t afford to do this against the Flyers.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
This has been some crazy playoffs, the best teams, all gone with the acception of probably the Rangers being the only one left. Flyers have done well but I just feel they got away with being pretty sloppy on the Penguins, if they wanna go far they'd need to do a lot better,luckily for them they don't have to face Boston, and be interesting to see how the Caps manage, its the first time in a while they've gone past Round 1. LOL

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well NYR are clearly the class team left. Hungry can beat class.
The big Russian has a chance to prove he is a franchise player.

PHI came close not long ago, but NJD have a quality line up.

In the west, I like the look of LA, strong attack, strong D, and I rate Quick highly. St Louis had a great season and cannot be discounted.

Can't say I rate the other two, I expect the West to produce the winner from LA V SL

So I am liking LA V WAS final.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I wouldn't be against the Kings v Caps final could be really interesting, I'd also really like to see the Devils do well could be Marty's last appearance at NHL level, and for him to hopefully go up a cup winner would be a nice treat.

Valheru

Coach
The Devils even the series on the back of a 4-1 away win.

It was 1-0 early in the 1st and that score line remained into the 3rd period where NJ scored 4 goals. The Devils killed 6 power plays making the Flyers 1 for 12 in the series.

Valheru

Coach
Today’s action saw the Rangers beat the caps 2-1 in an epic match with the winner coming 2 thirds of the way through triple overtime. Nashville also had a solid 2-0 win against the yotes bringing their series back to 2-1.

Danish

Referee
Just finished watching the Rangers Caps game.... Incredible!

Multiple posts hit in overtime, genuinely thought we'd finish level at triple overtime. I'm a rangers man myself so very happy with the result. I thought we were gone in the 3rd period, but by the final OT were really getting on top.

Have to say quite pissed that foxtel isn't showing all the games. There is f**k all on in it's place so no excuses why they cant show them.

Valheru

Coach
I am quite perplexed by the lack of coverage as well. The games are on at 9/10 in the morning FFS, they have nothing else to show.

I have also wondered at ESPN and coverage of Ice Hockey over the years. They never seem to play it here; do they even have any of the rights in America?

Danish

Referee
Its all broadcast on NBC over there I think. At least thats who always seems to be covering the games when I watch them here.

Having trawled the net I'm actually quite surprised to see that the NHL's TV rights deal is only worth $2 billion over 10 years (source). Considering each team has a salary cap of like $60 million I'd assumed the rights would have been worth way more than that

Valheru

Coach
Devils Flyers headed to overtime. 3-3 at the end of regulation which was the exact same score in game 1.

Valheru

Coach
The Devils pulled off the 4-3 victory in overtime whilst killing two overtime powerplays. The Flyers are now 2 for 16 on the PP in this series.

I would love the Devils ot get through but IMO this series is still evenly poised, a Flyers win in game 4 would see the momentum shift their way with a home game in game 5.

Valheru

Coach
The Devils once again beat the Flyers 4-2 and take a 3-1 series lead. They can clinch their 1st conference finals appearance since 2003 with a victory over the Flyers in game 5 on Wednesday morning our time.

The Kings completed the sweep of the blues and become the first ever 8th seed to beat both the 1st and 2nd seed in the same playoffs.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nice... got a soft spot for Zach.

LA look strong, seriously second line would be first at many. Best keeps I reckon too.

Got to beat the East but......

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Kings took out the Blues 4-0, congrats to them!!! Coyotoes have eliminated the Predators as well, I like the trestle only because it was the Preds who eliminated the Red Wings, haha so Western Conference final is between the Kings and Coyotes.

Rangers won today though still trail series 3-2, Devils up 3-1 and if all goes to plan should be into the Eastern Conf final, come on Devils!!! I want those pesky Flyers out after them removed the Penguins.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
No change to the score, still Devils lead 2-1 at the end of period 2. They gotta keep their cool though, Flyers have this knack of biting back in the final period