What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
3-1 15 mins to go.

Go the Devils!

How about NYR, 7 seconds to go, equalise, then win within 2 minutes of OT, talk about clutch.

The big Russian really needs to step up.

Valheru

Coach
Excellent series by the Devils. They completely outplayed the Flyers who’s only win came in game 1 in OT.

A Rangers/Devils conference finals would be epic.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
It would be epic considering how close they are, I'd love that and see the Caps fail lol but I think the Cap shave built themselves nicely the last few years, even when they failed in the early rounds on previous playoff opportunities.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I actually got it wrong, it was the Rangers who were leading the series 3-2, but the Capitals clicked today and won game 6 so it's going to game 7!!!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Indeed the Big Russian came through and how about thier rookie goalie, awesome stuff.

2nd 7 game series for the Caps.

Danish

Referee
2nd 7 game series for the Rangers as well...

Been a bloody close series too. Rangers barely looked like scoring for 58 minutes yesterday then almost pushed it into OT with a rather flukey goal and a few more chances after that.

Thankfully Fox is f**king showing it on sunday. Not showing game 5 was a f**king travesty

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
So the battle of the East is between the New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers.

The battle for the West is between the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes.

Predictions anyone?

Danish

Referee
Devils take game 2, 3-2.

Series now tied 1-1

Top game with the lead changing hands 3 times. Pretty funny moment in the 2nd period with the door to the penalty box for the Devils getting jammed shut and a bunch of official looking types scratching their heads and not knowing what to do. One of them just ended up laying the boot into it till it opened :lol:

Bit the bullet and bought the NHL gamepass for the rest of the playoffs. Only 30 bucks, and the quality on the ipad at work was brilliant. Will definitely purchase for the full year next season :D

Valheru

Coach
It was a great effort by the Devils to even the game. The series now moves across the river for game 3 and 4 in Newark.

I get the feeling that this series is going to go to 7 games. It is advantage LA IMO in terms of the overall winner, I expect them to end their series in 4 or 5 and have a good 3-4 more days off than the winner from the east.

Danish

Referee
Rangers somehow managed a 3-0 win (including an empty net goal) yesterday despite the Devils really looking on top for the first 2 periods.

Lundqvist has been immense this series, and especially in yesterday's game. Without his performances Devils could easily be up 3 zip right now.

Series could still go either way IMO

Valheru

Coach
The Devils even up the series 2-2 courtesy a 4-1 home win in game 4 of the series. The Devils finally saw some reward for their dominant play and the Rangers accrued over 40 minutes of penalties. For the 2nd time this season the coaches stood on the benches and had a yelling match with each other.

The series shifts to game MSG for game 5 on Thursday morning (our time). If the Devils win I think they win the series in 6 otherwise I reckon it goes to game 7.

Danish

Referee
Yep looked like a carbon copy of game 3.... Except the devils actually got the goals they deserved.

All hinges on game 5 now, absolute must win for the rangers

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
That series is probably going to go the distance, Come on Devils!!!

Just checked Kings/Yotes game its tied 3-3. If Kings win they'll be in the final, if Yotes win it'll be game 6 needed...