What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

Valheru

Coach
The Devils win game 5 (5-3) and take a 3-2 series lead with the 6th to be played back at New Jersey.

They made it harder than it had to be though by, for the 2nd time this postseason, scoring 3 quick goals in the 1st only to have their opponent equalise in the 3rd. Unlike last time though, they held it together and got 2 goals in the last 5 minutes, one being an open netter.

Advantage Devils

Danish

Referee
Yep rangers came back strong, and had their chances to go ahead, but the devils managed to dominate the final 10 mins and really deserved the win.

Can't see us winning game 6 unfortunately... But I'll hold out hope until the final whistle.

Even if we take it to 7, the devils really have been the dominant side this series and would still be favourites to in the series

Danish

Referee
Was a pretty devastating loss on saturday I have to say. Rangers lost it in the 1st period conceding a really cheap first goal.

Had a huge chance to win it late in the 3rd but couldn't get it done. Devils deserved it in the end as they really were the best team throughout the series.

Kings should run over the Devils in the Cup IMO. Their form is ridiculous

Valheru

Coach
I was watching some of the Devils/Rangers game Saturday morning and just happened to be watching when the Devils scored their 2nd goal. The crowd obviously went ballistic and the DEVILS chant that followed was one of the louder crowd chants I have heard.

It was truly spine tingling stuff.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Breaks down and cries like mad...The most, amazing, absolutely talented NHL defence man is no longer playing. I am officially depressed!
I always knew it was coming always expected it to happen but didn't want to face it. I was depressed enough losing Drapes and now Nick? I can't take it anymore!!!!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
How about them Kings?

3-0 up, hard to see the Devils coming back.

Not doing to bad when you can bring Gagne back to your second line.

Drew Doughty.....what a player.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
How about them Kings?

3-0 up, hard to see the Devils coming back.

Not doing to bad when you can bring Gagne back to your second line.

Drew Doughty.....what a player.

Unbeleivable run, i have watched/listened to the entire playoffs (at work lol). To have that record away from home in the toughest contests the sport can provide is outstanding.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I was so peeved off in game 2 they didn't show OT! No they showed some other pathetic sport instead. Watched game three pretty good. Considering the Kings do have a homer Red Wing in their office I'm not surprised at their improvement...heheehe

Canucks

Juniors
Unbeleivable run, i have watched/listened to the entire playoffs (at work lol). To have that record away from home in the toughest contests the sport can provide is outstanding.

Darryl Sutter hockey is aweful.... The Kings aren't a great team, they have killed all the skilled teams by playing with 6 goalies....

Remember when you would play someone in Mortal Kombat, the person had no clue, but would mash the same button over and over and basically win because of a glitch in the system? That glitch is the Kings....

5 guys diving infront of every puck in front of a good goaltender....

Seriously they just made the playoffs, slid in at 8th, because their game plan can't stack up for a whole season..... next year they won't make the playoffs because you can't dive in front of pucks for 9 months....

Yes I'm fkn bitter they knocked the Canucks out, but I'm more bitter that a lame team of loser offcuts are about to claim an historic Cup.....

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
I disagree, I think the Kings are and have played brilliantly and completely over run the Devils who just don't have an answer to them. Its a stupid cliche but defence does win you games pretty much in any sport. I can't bring myself to cheer for them though, coz I love my Red Wings too much (yes I know I also like the Pens and Hawks and Devils!) but yeah if they win good for them..just wish Devils were a bit more competitive. Oh well if you ain't gonna win the cup at least don't lose it on home ice i say...

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Yahoo!!!! Devils win game 4 3-1! So glad I got up early to watch it what a game. I actually thought New Jersey played really freely and just went for it, were as LA played like they did have all series to date, but I thought they were a bit up tight at times.

Valheru

Coach
Well the Devils live to fight another day with that win. Game 3 aside they have not been that much worse than LA and I think they will lament not winning one of the 2 OT games when all is said and done.

Having said that could this be the start of the greatest NHL comeback ever? Could it happen? Surely LA have to lose a road game sometime and if that happens I think they face extreme pressure in game 6 in LA and an ensuing game 7 would be a lottery.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
With the way this year's playoffs have gone, anything's possible yet. There's bee so many close games and OTs! In the history of coming back in playoffs esp the final I think it's only happened once so at this stage history is against the Devils

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Devils win game 5 and have now won back-to-back games, sending the series to a Game 6 back in LA.
Parise and Salvador scored for the Devils, and Williams for the Kings.

Devils have momentum Kings seem to have lose their mojo. Could we be seeing another riot soon?? lol .... where are those pesky Vancouver people?! Just kidding!

Danish

Referee
Incredible game, kings under massive pressure to close this out in game 6. Going back to jersey after losing 3 on the trot would be a daunting task.

skeepe

Immortal
I was at the Staples Center in October to watch, ironically, Kings vs Devils. The Kings didn't look anything like a championship team back then as they succumbed meekly 0-3, pretty amazing to think they're just one win off the Stanley Cup.

Danish

Referee
Well 15 mins into the first period of game 6 and looks like this series is over.

Very controversial non-call on a clear boarding by the kings led to a viscious revenge check from behind by the devils which WAS called. 5 min major to the kings, who just went crazy in the power play, scoring 3 goals.

If the devils come back from here it will be an absolute miracle. Shame to see the series decided like this, it deserved better.