What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Emmett

rhino2009

Juniors
It's rumoured in the UK that Emmett might be joining the Leeds Rhinos in ESL for 2012. Is he out of contract and what are his strengths and weaknesses?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's rumoured in the UK that Emmett might be joining the Leeds Rhinos in ESL for 2012. Is he out of contract and what are his strengths and weaknesses?

his contract expires this year and we haven't heard if it's renewed..

strengths:
  • strong ball runner
  • can play forward or back
  • cooks a mean curry
  • is a good listener
  • he can knit
  • owns property in 4 states of australia
  • will always help an old lady cross the road
weaknesses:
  • left tricep is smaller than his right
  • misses 15% of all tackles he attempts
  • has an intollerance to gluten
  • has a soft spot for a good vanilla slice (this is a weakness as he has been known to leave the field mid game if he spots someone in the first few rows tucking into one)
  • refuses to catch 4 passes in a row
  • can't turn left
  • suffers from night terrors
hope this helps..

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
That Vanilla Slice thing pissed me off royally in the game against the Dogs last year. Idris strolls through and there's f**king Emmett at the fence tucking into Joe Bloggs slice.

He was lucky not to be axed for that.

Good utility player. Has filled in for us in the back row and in the centres. Strong tackler, has a good offload, but does make the odd handling error here and there.

Wish him all the best - he was an important piece of our depth for our premiership last year.

TheRev

Coach
Id rather he move on and we try our luck with someone younger/different, a competent player, but was never good enough in defence and handling to hold down a permanent 1st grade spot.

Good luck to him.

nrlnrl

First Grade
his contract expires this year and we haven't heard if it's renewed..

strengths:
  • strong ball runner
  • can play forward or back
  • cooks a mean curry
  • is a good listener
  • he can knit
  • owns property in 4 states of australia
  • will always help an old lady cross the road
weaknesses:
  • left tricep is smaller than his right
  • misses 15% of all tackles he attempts
  • has an intollerance to gluten
  • has a soft spot for a good vanilla slice (this is a weakness as he has been known to leave the field mid game if he spots someone in the first few rows tucking into one)
  • refuses to catch 4 passes in a row
  • can't turn left
  • suffers from night terrors
hope this helps..

- give him credit though, he's turned his defence around & hasn't missed a tackle all season

- he's also shown his utility value by mastering crochet

Godz Illa

Coach
was never good enough in defence
You sure? I would have considered it the strongest part of his game. Part of the reason he was used in the forwards on occasion. If you watch the Road To Victory dvd (one of the greatest films ever made!) it has a big hits compilation, and Emmett was second only to Costigan for big hits in 2010

to_ddeath

Coach
Good while he was fit, now is only for training drills. Time to move on, thanks for your help Nicky boy....

T.

rhino2009

Juniors
Any more news on where Nick Emmett will be playing in 2012? He was rumoured to be joining Leeds Rhinos.
Also Adam Cuthbertson has been linked with Rhinos. Is he coming to ESL?

RedVDave

First Grade
Any more news on where Nick Emmett will be playing in 2012? He was rumoured to be joining Leeds Rhinos.
Also Adam Cuthbertson has been linked with Rhinos. Is he coming to ESL?

I would assume you guys (or another ESL) club have signed him can't see why we would give a 29 year old outisde back a new deal when we have signed plenty of young kids he's a pretty solid player won't let you down and has a dig, no ones about Cuthbo though that is still up in the air if you did sign him though awesome player!

lewissara

Juniors
I spoke with Nick Emmett at the Players awards and he said that he has signed a new deal with the dragons for 2 more seasons. Also Jake marketo resigned for 2 more seasons as well. Cuthbo hasnt signed with anybody yet and was awaiting the moltzen drama to unfold to see if there was room for him to stay at the dragons.

LewisSara

Both players offer a fair bit I mean Emmett was a regular in 2009 and Marketo has alot of talent good to see both sticking around.

Cuthburson has screwed himself he just assumed the Knights would have the cash and they don't so now he's left himself in limbo.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Glad to see the back of Vanilla Splice Emmett.

One of the most bizarre & gutless things I've seen a play do.

Dunno what was worse - making Idris look like a superstar, or taking a Vanilla Splice off a geniused 9 year old boy in a wheelchair.

ShaiGuY

First Grade

Dunno what was worse - making Idris look like a superstar, or taking a Vanilla Splice off a geniused 9 year old boy in a wheelchair.

:oops:?

big pat

Coach

wat choo talkin bout willis.