What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Names

oxenham

Juniors
Before the young ones forget ,perhaps we could list some of the great nicknames of the past(publishable).
The standouts for me are:
Zulu Zulu Zulu :D
Moose Moose Moose :D
And at Norths in the 60s and 70s a certain brothers forward was known as hospital pass
I can still remember the chants as Leon or Campbell charged at the opposition line or the ahhs as the pass hit the support .......at the same time as the defence :shock:

mud n blood

Juniors
Shagger
Bowie
Lammo
Bertie
Seabs
Oli
TC
DJ
Langy
Bull
Pedro
Crocs
Garbo
Mouse
Horse - 2 x them ?
Gator - 2 x them ?

A few easy ones to start ....

oxenham

Juniors
I will think about the others but these are the easy ones
Bertie...Campbell
Oli........Oliphant
TC........Currie
DJ.........Des
Langy....John
Pedro.....Gallagher is the obvious but there is another
Garbo.....Barry
Horse......Neibling......There will be a few of these :)
Gator.......Two Wallys

zulu

Juniors
Seabs , Mick Seaby?
Crocs, Terry Koorockin?
Lammo, Adrian??

What about Rip Rip, Hammer, Trixie and Dinger?

oxenham

Juniors
Shagger..I'll leave that one alone :shock:
Bowie........Beaustead
Hammer....I believet the original was Mick Walker from Norths(He had polio as a kid).Then Valleys stole his brother and the knickname.Mick was a very hard man,
Trixie.....The immortal Trixie Salter.....enjoyed cofronting bikies at the Balmoral for relaxation.The Balmoral was a little bit different in those days.The present yuppies would have found it challenging 8)
Dinger.......There been a couple of Bells at Norths with the knickname Dinger, the latest being Darren.

mud n blood

Juniors
yep.

Forgot about Hammer. I remember a night not long after his retirement when I saw him in action at the Rat Hotel ..... :)

Name the two Yogi's ?
Name the two Tank's ?
Name the two Horse's ?
Spook ?