What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Politis is the entrepreneurial genius of the NRL.

The Sydney Roosters Chairman Nick Politis has ambition, lots of money, and an eye for talent. He has always bought well for his club.

Brad Fittler was signed from Penrith in 1995 and Adrian Morley from Leeds in 1999. Those two were the foundation for the Sydney Roosters reaching the Grand Final in 2000 and winning the Grand Final in 2002.

Sonny Bill Williams was signed from rugby union in late 2012, and coach Trent Robinson from the Catalans Dragons the same year. Those two were the foundation for the Sydney Roosters winning the Grand Final in 2013.

Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco were signed from Melbourne Storm and Wests Tigers respectively in 2017. Those two, along with Russell Crowe reject Luke Keary, were the foundation for the Sydney Roosters winning the Grand Final in 2018.

Nick Politis, a very wealthy Greek-Australian, has the knack of swooping in on exceptional talent. He is the most brilliant entrepreneur chairman in the NRL. His talent is recognised by the management of the NRL. We can expect him to reap the benefits of his actions in the coming years, with more Sydney Roosters Grand Final victories in the offing.

JJ

Immortal
I'm staggered that nobody but Politis realised Fittler, Morely, Sonny-Bill, Tedesco, Cronk, and Keary were really good players...

How does he manage that shit - eye for talent is understating it

I'm staggered that nobody but Politis realised Fittler, Morely, Sonny-Bill, Tedesco, Cronk, and Keary were really good players...

How does he manage that shit - eye for talent is understating it

Don't act like a dunce. Of course other people recognised the talent mentioned. But Uncle Nick is the clever one who makes sure he gets their signatures.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm more impressed with the way he has managed to build their asset base and ensure they are one of the most financially sound clubs in the country. Any numpty can sign players.

dogslife

Coach
Exactly. You can’t mention all those niff nuffs and forget about the great Remi Casty... Only the first Frenchman to score not one, but TWO tries in the Nrl.

Poor form Albert.

coolsteve

Juniors
The Sydney Roosters Chairman Nick Politis has ambition, lots of money, and an eye for talent. He has always bought well for his club.

Brad Fittler was signed from Penrith in 1995 and Adrian Morley from Leeds in 1999. Those two were the foundation for the Sydney Roosters reaching the Grand Final in 2000 and winning the Grand Final in 2002.

Sonny Bill Williams was signed from rugby union in late 2012, and coach Trent Robinson from the Catalans Dragons the same year. Those two were the foundation for the Sydney Roosters winning the Grand Final in 2013.

Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco were signed from Melbourne Storm and Wests Tigers respectively in 2017. Those two, along with Russell Crowe reject Luke Keary, were the foundation for the Sydney Roosters winning the Grand Final in 2018.

Nick Politis, a very wealthy Greek-Australian, has the knack of swooping in on exceptional talent. He is the most brilliant entrepreneur chairman in the NRL. His talent is recognised by the management of the NRL. We can expect him to reap the benefits of his actions in the coming years, with more Sydney Roosters Grand Final victories in the offing.
Wikipedia

Quicksilver

Bench
I'm more impressed with the way he has managed to build their asset base and ensure they are one of the most financially sound clubs in the country. Any numpty can sign players.

Genuine question- what is their asset base? I'm not sure where Easts get their money?

Vic Mackey

Referee
So Nick Politis realised signing the best players in the game will win him a comp? Bet he's the first guy to ever think of that

T-Boon

Coach
Nick Politis presides over the only club from any major sport in Australia (ever) where they operate in a codes heartland city but are getting beaten handily by a team from a rival code operating out of the same precinct.

Genuine question- what is their asset base? I'm not sure where Easts get their money?

Easts Leagues Club. An article in the Sydney Morning Herald in late September spelt it all out (relevant portion following) -

On his watch, the Roosters have snapped up Waverley Bowling Club, Berkeley Sports, Kingswood Sports Club and Woy Woy Leagues. They also plan to turn North Bondi Golf and Diggers Club into a multi-purpose sports centre.

The centrepiece is a redeveloped Easts Leagues in Bondi Junction. The club has snapped up most of the property on the L-shaped block on the corner of Spring Street and Bronte Road with a long-term plan to turn it into a lucrative high-rise development.

Politis knows his club can’t survive on poker machine revenue forever and wants to leave it in safe hands for the next custodians of the club.

“That should be any chairman's objective,” he said. “At the moment, our commercial property is valued at $120m and we have no debt. Next year, we will have $10m in cash in the bank. We’re in a very good position financially.”

Tommy Smith

Referee
Morley was great. Really great. But he became a Rooster in 2001; not 2000.

The foundations for the Roosters reaching the Grand Final in 2000 would surely be Brad Fittler and Shane Rigon.

perverse

Referee
Morley was great. Really great. But he became a Rooster in 2001; not 2000.

The foundations for the Roosters reaching the Grand Final in 2000 would surely be Brad Fittler and Shane Rigon.
Without the Fittler intercept - which still makes me shudder to my core to this day - they don't make it. Freddy every bit entitled to take credit for that GF appearance.