What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Politis is the entrepreneurial genius of the NRL.

Saxon

Bench
So tell me Perth do you think the Melbourne Storm haven’t bought themselves a premierships and yet your here complaining the Sharks and the Roosters..
No, Melbourne didn't buy premierships.
They paid overs to keep key players that came through their development system (i.e. Brisbane Norths). And apart from Kearns, Nikau and Lazarus, most of the 1998 team were on the scrap heap after their teams folded - after the Mariners were kicked out there was no chance Kimmorely and Hill were going to get to stay in Newcastle in front of the Johns boys.

TheDalek079

Bench
No, Melbourne didn't buy premierships.
They paid overs to keep key players that came through their development system (i.e. Brisbane Norths). And apart from Kearns, Nikau and Lazarus, most of the 1998 team were on the scrap heap after their teams folded - after the Mariners were kicked out there was no chance Kimmorely and Hill were going to get to stay in Newcastle in front of the Johns boys.

if thats the case then the Roosters don't buy premierships either. Our team is generally made up of players who have come through our development systems (e.g. Latrell, Manu, Cordner, Friend) and scrap heap players (e.g. Fergo, Keary, Tetevano, Taukeiaho), with a couple of big signings (e.g. Teddy, Cronk) to lift the team to genuine contender.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cronullq and roosters have shown the way. Go out and buy three top quality spine players and win a Comp. I can see Newcastle being next to follow this formula.

TheDalek079

Bench
stop trolling PR. We all know the Roosters are a great development club who will occasionally add a star signing or two to complete a potential premiership winning roster

Annyong

Juniors
stop trolling PR. We all know the Roosters are a great development club who will occasionally add a star signing or two to complete a potential premiership winning roster
Yeah, just like the huge dedicated fan base they have lol

Nick Politis is a genius who should be celebrated for his skill and wisdom.

He is a brave man who is not afraid to admit his mistakes, and then take actions to ensure that the mistake is removed and hence unable to further infect a football team.

See Copley, Dale.

Spot On

Coach
I self medicate with alcohol, there is a point to that. There isn’t a point creating shit threads every week about the Roosters. The merkins lost the plot

Get him started on the QLD Origin mantra of loyalty and he'll fall off the wagon very quickly.