What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nigel Vagana

bucko

Juniors
If Vagana does not resign with the doggies, which is lookni like a definate possibility, he may be an idea for the wests tigers. He has an uncanny try-scoring ability and could be useful at the club.

salivor

First Grade
Nigel has more brains than to sign with the Tigers. If hes leaving the Bulldogs hes leaving to secure his future financially and that means one thing......England. Hes already played there so he'll fit in well.

brook

First Grade
While I don't really think the tigers have a hope of signing vagana he has given them one opening they should try to exploit...He's stated in this weeks RLW he would be prepared to accept less money from a club that can fix him up with a job as an architect, the tigers, with strong links to meriton should offer to fix him up with a job AND pay him more.

Its a long shot but they gotta try something.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Vagana needs a creative playmaker to run off and collect kicks, e.g. Sherwin or Anasta and the Tigers have no-one atm so England looks like his most likely option

brook

First Grade
Mayor_Quimby said:
Vagana needs a creative playmaker to run off and collect kicks, e.g. Sherwin or Anasta and the Tigers have no-one atm so England looks like his most likely option

They will have for 2004 though when Robbie Farah makes the top grade

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
brook said:
Mayor_Quimby said:

They will have for 2004 though when Robbie Farah makes the top grade

Let’s just hope he plays to his full potential, and not turn out to be one of those “he could have been anything” people. Also supporter expectation might worry him, so I wouldn’t be expecting big things from him 2004

kaon

Juniors
Building a club up by buying outside backs doesn't work as Souths proved this year. If the Tigers are going to spend the big bucks it needs to be on forwards and halves.

brook

First Grade
Some players thrive on pressure - from what I've seen he will be one of those.

But more to the point I doubt anyone, anywhere, will sign for the prospect of playing with an unknown player - no matter how good he is.

As I said before I doubt vagana will sign with us too - but that shouldn't stop us from making an offer.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
brook said:
Some players thrive on pressure - from what I've seen he will be one of those.

But more to the point I doubt anyone, anywhere, will sign for the prospect of playing with an unknown player - no matter how good he is.

As I said before I doubt vagana will sign with us too - but that shouldn't stop us from making an offer.

too bad you didn’t pick up sherwin, coz then vagana would have been quite interested, depending on how much money you had left

Collateral

Coach
I dont think the Tigers should waste money on Vangana or players like Gasnier. What is the point in having outstanding players on the flanks, if your halves aren't good enough to spread it out to them and your fowards dont make the yards for the halves to work?

Tigers need:

* At least 2 good props
* A good Halfback that can kick and organise play
* at least 1 Good second rower
* A good organising Fullback.

JoeD

First Grade
There have been some news outlets in NZ reporting that the Warriors are interested. Personally I wouldn't touch him with a 10' barge pole.

Stagger eel

Staff member
innsaneink said:
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:07 pm
Tamazoid said:
Vagana will come to Cronulla where he can run off Brett Kimmorley. :D

Good call Tama.....

You must of been one of those blokes who would laugh with his mates over a joke but not understand it, then out of no where 6 months later you get it........and....well you crack up!!!! :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
eelavation said:
innsaneink said:
Tamazoid said:

Good call Tama.....

You must of been one of those blokes who would laugh with his mates over a joke but not understand it, then out of no where 6 months later you get it........and....well you crack up!!!! :lol:

Nope...but you seem to know a fair bit about the condition.

Anonymous

Juniors
eelavation said:
innsaneink said:
Tamazoid said:

Good call Tama.....

From posting in this forum, i'd say you're a bloke that listens in on other's conversations and tries to talk to them.

Latest posts