What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Grand Finals??

When would you prefer the GF to kick-off?

• Yes to Night GF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

• No to Night GF.

• Total voters

antonius

Coach
I know it's been done before but after 3 years what does everyone think? Myself I prefer the traditional 3.00pm kick-off by the time 7.00pm rolls round your half tanked or still doing the clearing up from the Dinner time BBQ, I hate night grand finals, I want the afternoon kick-off back.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Nah mate, I`m going to have to say no to Night Grand Finals, I went to the last Day Final when my Dragons went down at the hands of the Storm in an apalling way lmao, we wont relive that though, but yeah I always loved going to day GF`s I preffer day ones.

Troy

~bedsy~

First Grade
I like the night grandfinals... I just feel for the players who just want to get out there and play, but they have to wait untill 7pm.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Yeah hey Bedsy.....thats a really good point you make. Players will get more nervous before a night GF, rather than a Day one I think.

Kaz

junior
John_Travolta said:
Nah mate, I`m going to have to say no to Night Grand Finals, I went to the last Day Final when my Dragons went down at the hands of the Storm in an apalling way lmao, we wont relive that though, but yeah I always loved going to day GF`s I preffer day ones.

I loved that GF, as I was there.

The Storm deserved that GF.

I want day GF's

If is called the National Rugby League & QLD, Melbourne & New Zealand do not have a public holiday the next day to get over the GF.

If it was a Broncos vs Warriors GF, their LOYAL Fans would not be able to congratulate them on winning the GF until the next day, which as I have said it not a public holiday.

princess plj

Juniors
i think night gf are good. i like the whole build up for the day, like the 2 grand finals in the day and then to the first grade final at night...its really good. in the day its like over and thats it. i like all the build up. but i am sure for the players its nerve racking and they have to wait the whole day but i suppose they are used to playing night games during the regular nrl season.

John_Travolta

Juniors
pitty it wasn`t a night GRAND FINAL IN 99 then maybe that wank Eddy Ward wouldn`t have given it cause he`s bLIND AS IT IS IN THEW DAYTIME. Dragons were robbed......." stupid stupid Jamie Ainscough LOL......."

Troy

astrogirl

First Grade
I have no complaints about night grand finals. The only GF I have attended was at night and it was in 2001 :D

That said, it must be a pain for parents who want to take their kiddies to the game. But that's certainly not a concern for me personally!

~bedsy~

First Grade
Kaz said:
John_Travolta said:

I loved that GF, as I was there.

The Storm deserved that GF.

I want day GF's

If is called the National Rugby League & QLD, Melbourne & New Zealand do not have a public holiday the next day to get over the GF.

If it was a Broncos vs Warriors GF, their LOYAL Fans would not be able to congratulate them on winning the GF until the next day, which as I have said it not a public holiday.
Well here's an idea... If they do what Newcastle does and make the next day a public holiday whether it is or isn't then they would have the day off... See us Novo's know how to party! Actually I think we have the whole week... even though we were supose to go to work.

Been to both97 and 2001 and imust say that the 2001 was more spectacular and had more feel to it.But the league i dont think will bow to this and return to day Grand finals-to much money involved

Abraham- the next rep to step up 8)

fosie

Juniors
I'd prefer night, even though i haven't been to one. Just seems more intense for some reason.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
i prefer night games. the only grandfinal ive been it is this year but ive been to plenty normal club games and i have always preferred the night games. i dont know why i guess its just personal choice

~bedsy~

First Grade
the_knights_rule said:
i prefer night games. the only grandfinal ive been it is this year but ive been to plenty normal club games and i have always preferred the night games. i dont know why i guess its just personal choice
Yeah I like night games better actually... I think cause it's more fun.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
bedsy said:
the_knights_rule said:
Yeah I like night games better actually... I think cause it's more fun.
yeah and i think night games have more atmosphere but then again at a grandfinal the atmosphere is going to be great either way

Samwise

Bench
see i'd prefer to watch the game then go get drunk rather than the other way around. take state of origin 3 for example, i hit the caxton from about 11am went to the game, and spent half of it going to the toilet cos i had broken the seal and in the morning i couldnt even remember the game! bah

CoastieChik

Juniors
I reckon d nite GF's are gr8!! Wasn't really that into the footy when the GFs were in d day - cept 4 97 that was AWSUM!! - n remember 1 yr I was actually WASHING D CAR whilst it was on (mm, was only btw the broncs n d dogs, but still!) - wouldn't b doin that in d nite!!

Perhaps the day games r traditional, which I'm probs slightly naive too, BUT having been to every nite GF ( the whole of 3!! :D ) I hav found it to be an annual fun day out that I couldn't dare miss!!

The countdown kicks-off around midday when catchin d train down, w the atmosphere constantly gaining momentum whilst watchin d lower grades, n seeing the tension n excitement build up for the spectacle as the day turns into nite - when we get our grand finale!!

IMO to go back 2 day GFs would b takin a step in the wrong direction, n would b deprivin the league of the spectacle it deserves!!

Night GFs r defos the way 2 go!! O:)

Plus it means we get to have fireworks!! :D

Samwise

Bench
you know posts on here aren't like sms, theres no character limit and therefore no need to type like there is

~bedsy~

First Grade
Samwise said:
see i'd prefer to watch the game then go get drunk rather than the other way around. take state of origin 3 for example, i hit the caxton from about 11am went to the game, and spent half of it going to the toilet cos i had broken the seal and in the morning i couldnt even remember the game! bah
Can I ask why you would want to start drinking at 11am? :-k
I don't drink at the footy anyway... but even if it is at night or the afternoon.. It's always going to be a fun day for all involved.

Latest posts