What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night of Champions 2015

mackdadday

Juniors
Pretty mediocre once again.

As soon as i saw Jerichos music, i turned off and went outside for a sad walk.

Was great to see Owens get the win but it was a pretty flat match with no real believable near falls.

Skipped most of the rusev-ziggler match. Hopefully that horrible ending was the horrible finish of a horrible feud. Get Lana and Rusev back in Putin mode ASAP.

New Day are the highlight of every show these days but it was pretty plainly obvious that without the tables and big spots The Dudleys are a pretty dull duo. I was kind of hoping Spike would turn up to even things up but i looked at his bio and he seems like a pretty average joe these day doing financial planning. I'm thinking there will be a tables match at Hell in a Cell.

Nicki has really shown that she can go in the last month or two (though is still a horrible talker). The build to this match was terrible and the wwe need to let Charlotte, Sasha, Becky and eventually Bayley show what they can do. Charlotte has a lot in her arsenal she hasnt shown yet but i believe Sasha is a lot better.

Sting did ok for an old guy. Hope it was nothing serious that brought him down at the end of the match as he looked pretty bad collapsing like that.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Overall the show was entertaining in parts without being amazing.

Loved Xavier Woods with the Rufio getup and "NEWDAYNEWDAYNEWDAYOOOOOOOH!!!!"chant, glad to hear the crowd appreciate the reference too. Makes me wanna go watch Hook now.

Xavier is really channelling his inner Jimmy Hart with the constant babbling and the trombone in place of the megaphone - love how he links the trombone to the stuff in the ring (the Rocky theme for punches, timing scales with kicks in the corner).
I found him annoying a few months back when the New Day thing first popped up, but really digging them all now that they're finding their niche (place your bets for when the inevitable inexplicable split happens to kill any momentum they built).

While it's always nice to see Jericho, he's had enough surprise returns in recent years that it's just not that exciting (even though Jericho is one of my all time favourites).
Was hilarious seeing that fan with Shield style gear puff himself up behind Reigns before security got him, then Bray's excellent reaction of laughing at them exclaiming "IS THAT YOUR MAN HAHAHAHA" before Jericho was eventually revealed.
Pretty poor effort by security letting him get that far though (unless it was a plant, which would be just strange).

Rollins v Cena was a good match, didn't want Cena to win, but given Rollins is still World Champ I don't mind so much.

That Sting match was actually looking really good until Sting's body gave up on him. Captain Hindsight is wondering whether the table spot and multiple corner bomb spots were such a good idea for a dude pushing 60 to take.
I didn't actually mind the rollup finish with Sting's legs all tangled up the Scorpion Deathlock (compared to a standard rollup pin), especially given the injury. If that was an on-the-fly decision to how to finish the match, I don't actually mind it.

Hopefully Sting gets at least one match where he does go out with a bang, without the shenanigans. Even though he is mid 50s he does look pretty damn good (aside from that weird looking hair!).