What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nikora time to offload

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I'm not saying Nikora has had a great season, but he does add some variety to our pack. You need a couple of hole runners alongside the workhorses.

SharkShocked

Bench
The difference between a quality offload that actually leads to more ball playing a line break or a decent yardage gain vs the old forced offload where the ball goes to ground or the player receiving it gets smashed or makes zero positive effect.

Isn’t reflected in stats, Stats are no good without context.

Take Sharon Woods PCM, slowest walking pace waltzing with the tacklers.

Every defender is set on the line and ready to press hard, next hit up person gets smashed.

That’s probably why it felt like the Donkeys offloads killed us. Probably more quality offloads.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I believe we should be looking to offload Nikora, before his value decreases.
He had one good season after that no improvement, he seems to play half decent only when SJ has a good game.
With him going I can't see any improvement in him.
If we could offload him I would be happy to sign Lachlan Fitzgibbon, I believe he would offer more
WB stakeman!
I agree.
Nikora is on cruise control just like ramien.
we can do better.

Clever fellas. Geeing them up for last nights game

Clever fellas. Geeing them up for last nights game
Stand by what I said at the time.
he's been up and down like a cheap hookers underwear.
nikora is a fine talent.
is he where he should be in terms of progression?
maybe not.
one of the better back rowers when he applies himself.

Frailty

First Grade
Stand by what I said at the time.
he's been up and down like a cheap hookers underwear.
nikora is a fine talent.
is he where he should be in terms of progression?
maybe not.

one of the better back rowers when he applies himself.
He's in his 4th season, has scored 18 tries in 76 games as a backrower, and is a NZ International.
This season he is averging 21st most tackle per game, and 15th in the league in offloads and 7th in the league in decoy runs. He is a big part of the space Kennedy, Ramien and Katoa are able to get on the right-hand side.

Where exactly do you project him to be?

He's in his 4th season, has scored 18 tries in 76 games as a backrower, and is a NZ International.
This season he is averging 21st most tackle per game, and 15th in the league in offloads and 7th in the league in decoy runs. He is a big part of the space Kennedy, Ramien and Katoa are able to get on the right-hand side.

Where exactly do you project him to be?
for an international player he should be more consistent in club land than he has been.

consistency, discipline, errors and defensive reads are my issues.

edge defence between ramien and nikora can be questionable at times.

some often soft attempts on our goal line.

can lack involvement at times also in different periods of the game.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I reckon Most issues he has are confidence based. I feel like he needs more of a voice and be more aggressive.

Latest posts