What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine commentary and presentation

Wb1234

Referee
Cringe

interviews with the coaches whilst the game is going on

poor camera angles

Gus playing mind games with Munster in the post match coverage

the nrl has to try and get all games simulcast in the future

if fox can simulcast the gf and origins the overall ratings would be through the roof

Suitman

Post Whore
do they even have any decent cameras? I feel like I'm watching it through a snow storm.

I watch all my NRL on Fox, 4 times a year I'm forced to watch 9 and my god it is still garbage.

I'm the same.
I really couldn't believe how cringe it was watching that channel last night.
Fox isn't perfect but it leaves Channel 9 for dead.
I'm sure I heard Andrew Johns twice mention 90 000 fans were there.
Interviewing coaches during the game who didn't want to be interviewed.
Yes, some terrible camera angles.
Paul Vautin. Really?
Adds during the game.
Thank god I didn't have to listen to Ray Warren.

Honestly, I only watch Channel 9 4 times a year - 3 Origins and the Grand Final, and only because I have to. It is only just behind Sky News as the worst tv channel in the country.

Ch 9 really are shite. I too do mine all on Fox now so it’s grating to see/hear their tripe. And who the f**k was the main caller!?!? She-iiiiiite.
As a product, the intensity of SOO is fantastic.
Though a piece of me thinks SOO is by the bye and Tests (at this standard) should be the pinnacle.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I'm the same.
Paul Vautin. Really?
Adds during the game.

Honestly, I only watch Channel 9 4 times a year - 3 Origins and the Grand Final, and only because I have to. It is only just behind Sky News as the worst tv channel in the country.
Yeah, agree with all. Nanai going down screaming in pain and they split screen for some ad showed real class

Big Pete

Referee
interviews with the coaches whilst the game is going on
It makes me wonder if the NRL pressured the QRL and NSWRL into selecting two Channel 9 personalities just for that access. I agree it was poor especially in the second half but at least they abandoned it as soon as they realised they messed up.

At least they weren't making zoom calls to injured players during the game and prattling on for five minutes. They did it in the back-half of last year and it was awful.

poor camera angles
I actually liked the camera angle they started using in the second half where they gave you NSW attacking perspective. It was really interesting to see the spacing of the defence and the lines the attackers were running to manipulate the defence.

Otherwise cutting to players out of action is an issue both stations are guilty of. It drives me insane and wish they'd stick with the action unless we missed something and another angle shows it.
Gus playing mind games with Munster in the post match coverage
What did he say?

I can't remember and Munster seemed to be buzzing so I doubt he took any of it in.

Lack of replays as well, there was hardly any replays of incidents and decisions. Almost like hey had very few cameras there.
It's difficult to do during this day and age of set restarts. I can't really recall any contentious moments not being picked over, the Kurt Capewell forward pass they were all over which was good.

Better quality picture and no ads is really the only thing Fox has going for it. Otherwise it's a Channel 9 presentation except with even more faux excitement from the commentators. They must be super-human because hardly any of them draw a breath.

Wb1234

Referee
It makes me wonder if the NRL pressured the QRL and NSWRL into selecting two Channel 9 personalities just for that access. I agree it was poor especially in the second half but at least they abandoned it as soon as they realised they messed up.

At least they weren't making zoom calls to injured players during the game and prattling on for five minutes. They did it in the back-half of last year and it was awful.

I actually liked the camera angle they started using in the second half where they gave you NSW attacking perspective. It was really interesting to see the spacing of the defence and the lines the attackers were running to manipulate the defence.

Otherwise cutting to players out of action is an issue both stations are guilty of. It drives me insane and wish they'd stick with the action unless we missed something and another angle shows it.

What did he say?

I can't remember and Munster seemed to be buzzing so I doubt he took any of it in.

It's difficult to do during this day and age of set restarts. I can't really recall any contentious moments not being picked over, the Kurt Capewell forward pass they were all over which was good.

Better quality picture and no ads is really the only thing Fox has going for it. Otherwise it's a Channel 9 presentation except with even more faux excitement from the commentators. They must be super-human because hardly any of them draw a breath.

Big Pete

Referee
Ta, yeah I went back and watched the vision on youtube and thought it was pretty harmless. Fatty got stuck into Gus and Munster flat batted the question.

I actually like the access the Channel 9 coverage provides after the game. I'd much rather hear from the players and be in the lockeroom than get Cronk or Benji's take which just echoes what we heard on commentary.

Wb1234

Referee
Ta, yeah I went back and watched the vision on youtube and thought it was pretty harmless. Fatty got stuck into Gus and Munster flat batted the question.

I actually like the access the Channel 9 coverage provides after the game. I'd much rather hear from the players and be in the lockeroom than get Cronk or Benji's take which just echoes what we heard on commentary.
I like Gus but they should move him on
If losing origin bothers him so much he can go back to coaching then

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I'm the same.
Paul Vautin. Really?
Adds during the game.

I heard the moron Johns` 90 000 comment as well. The bloke is a goose. Slater has made him look like an idiot on 9`s weekend coverage. And don`t start me on the buffoon Vautin, I`m sure he was meant to get the hint when the excellent Sterlo retired... no chance. His and the increasingly Smith`s idea of humour is hyperbole: " HE`S FIFTEEN FOOT TALL " sort of thing. Either that or the dreaded single entendre. God spare us but they really do treat us like all League fans are idiots.

axl rose

Bench
I heard the moron Johns` 90 000 comment as well. The bloke is a goose. Slater has made him look like an idiot on 9`s weekend coverage. And don`t start me on the buffoon Vautin, I`m sure he was meant to get the hint when the excellent Sterlo retired... no chance. His and the increasingly Smith`s idea of humour is hyperbole: " HE`S FIFTEEN FOOT TALL " sort of thing. Either that or the dreaded single entendre. God spare us but they really do treat us like all League fans are idiots.
Slow down there Penguin youre typing at a thouuzand miles an hour. Head wobble. Hilarious.