1. Round 6 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 6 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

It's time for the NRL to take concussion more seriously. A look at recent events and what rules need changing. We talk to Adam O'Brien on how Newcastle plan to respond after last week's big loss to the Titans, and there's a special tribute to retiring North Queensland half Michael Morgan. As always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 6 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Nintendo NX - Next Gen Harware Concept

Discussion in 'Computer and Video Games' started by Walt Flanigan, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Parra Pride

Parra Pride Coach

The Switch has a hard time picking up the wifi in a room where everything else is fine. It struggles to hold even a one bar and would not even be worth trying to play online.

2. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

Get with the times and get an AC router, if you haven't already

3. umina panther

umina panther Coach

Getting rid of the ps4 with Red Dead 2 and The Last of Us 2 on the way? You're insane

jargan83 likes this.
  4. Parra Pride

Parra Pride Coach

I shouldn't have to buy extra shit just to get an acceptable internet connection on the thing.

5. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

Doing that has more benefits than just for the Switch. It improves the wifi on all of the devices in your house hugely

6. Parra Pride

Parra Pride Coach

Every other device in my house that is connected to wifi get's my full download speed over, even devices that are the same distance away from the router as the Switch. My setup is not the issue, it's the console itself.

7. DiegoNT

DiegoNT First Grade

To be honest I'm looking forward to Mario kart 8 (never had a wii u) and zelda over those games. I loved the last of us, but it was short and I have never been able to get through a 2nd play through. I was lucky that I got it 2nd hand for $20 but I think if I payed full price I would have been dissapointed. I never liked red dead redemption. I get that it's a great game, I can understand the high review scores and the hype, but I just never found it fun. I had the same problem that I had with witcher 3 and other ps4 games, they are just not fun. A year after I brought the ps4 I finally picked up 3ds with ocarina of time, majoras mask, smash brothers and Mario kart 7 and just those games were way more fun then anything I'd played on the ps4, then got hold of a wii with Mario galaxy 2 for a fiver and I realised what I had been missing and what you just can't get with modern playstation games- fun!

8. Wato

Wato Juniors

Seems like you just prefer the gameplay hooks Nintendo employs everyone has different tastes. Personally I picked up a switch a week or so ago and returned it today was disappointed in the system just felt half baked plus with Red Dead, destiny 2, Persona 5, battlefront 2 and mor out this year it would just be gathering dust. I actually found myself going back to clean up side quests in Horizon than playing Zelda even thou it's a really good game they way it uses weapon durability was poorly executed and the stamina system and the way rain influences pushed me away from that game plus it's performance issues on the switch are really disapppointing.

9. elyod138

elyod138 Bench

Just played the final Splatoon 2 testfire. Started getting the hang of the controls, will probably buy it on day 1.

DlEHARD likes this.
  10. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

My sisters a pretty hard core gamer, went round there a few weeks ago and she was showing me Zelda on the switch. Was seriously impressed. She reckons it's close to the best game she's ever played.

I'm not a big gamer, I have a PS4 and play like once a week but I'm seriously considering getting one of these.

axl rose likes this.
  11. donny donny

donny donny Juniors

Do it, Breath of the Wild is the best game I've ever played and its actually got me back into gaming after falling out with it over recent years. My non gamer wife is also loving it.

I bought a Switch pretty much just for Zelda as I liked the look of the trailers, and whilst I'm not going to lie and say theres much else going on with the console at the moment, I'm more than happy with my purchase.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  12. elyod138

elyod138 Bench

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is out in 3 days, the reviews are great, most saying it's the best Mario Kart of all time.

13. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

Looks like I'll be double dipping on this one.

14. Big Pete

Big Pete Referee

If you haven't played it and own a Switch, you definitely have to pick up Mario Kart 8. It's one of the most dynamic racers I've ever played and the online mode is just so addictive. There was nothing like coming home from school/work/hanging out, listening to some music/podcasts and vegging out while racing somebody from Germany.

Honestly I enjoyed the game so much, I'm contemplating spending my $200 Gift Voucher on a Switch just so I can enjoy it and Breath of the Wild on the go.

axl rose likes this.
  15. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

MK8D goes live in an hour. Goodbye life.

16. perverse

perverse Referee

Christ... BOTW is so good. So damn good... I can't remember the last time a game grabbed me by the nuts like this.

Already hammered MK8 to death on the Wii U, but will probably pick it up again for the battle mode. Agree with Pete, if you didn't play it on the Wii U it's a must-have. It should be a system mover in its own right.

Parra Pride, DlEHARD and axl rose like this.
  17. DlEHARD

DlEHARD Juniors

I picked up Mario Kart too. I loved the WiiU version but this tops it off.

18. Walt Flanigan

Walt Flanigan Referee

MK8 is a great game to cart around with you (pun intended). Good to have with you if you've got as little as a few minutes to kill.

Love Zelda BOTW. But I pretty much have to take a day off to play it lol

19. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Picked a switch up at the weekend.
    I only have Marino kart at the moment and its seriously addictive.
    I also got the pro controller which is very comfortable but if I'm playing 1 player I have found myself playing more in handheld mode than on the TV.
    Not sure how many games I will get but the mrs wanted one and I didn't take much convincing.

20. Mogsheen Jadwat

Mogsheen Jadwat Juniors

Much preferred mk7 on the wii to mk8 on wii u.

@DiegoNT did you finish smg2? Just got 'the perfect run' to go..