What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo WiiU... the next gen kiiiiinda starts soon...

Special K

Coach
I think it will just collect dust like my Wii has done since 2008... Shame though as I always liked Nintendo and Mario games but I just can't get excited about the Wii U. I might pick one up when it comes down in price however for the next gen I want to stick with one console for as long as possible.

MattYg1

Bench
The one thing that is stopping me from really wanting it is the realisation that I dont really care for pretty much all of the launch titles... or I have played a majority of the launch window titles on other consoles...

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah, aside from it being 'next-gen' there really isn't anything drawing me to the console. I really don't care for the 'New' Super Mario Bros. franchise which from my perspective just serves to remind you how creative Nintendo were in the 80s and make it accessible to a modern audience (so basically make it easy as possible, throw in co-op while making the sound & visuals as bland as possible for a Mario game and voila!).

ZombiU looks like the pick of the bunch but I'm weary of Ubisoft & Nintendo launch titles after Red Steel. If they've learned their lesson I might go back to it once I eventually buy the console.

But right now, I just want to get a PS3 and finally get my hands on Rugby League Live 2. :lol:

MattYg1

Bench
ZombiU just looks boring as sh!t to me... id much rather play WarZ or DayZ when they become available...

jargan83

Coach
I'm interested in the WiiU but I havent played my Wii too much over the past couple of years either and none of the launch titles fill me with any desire to rush out and get one

Will probably wait for a Zelda title as well

Micistm

Bench
Interested in having a look, curious about it...we'll see. A Zelda or Metroid could be pretty special

Panfas

Juniors
This console has huge potential. Might get one in the new year after the dust has settled from the launch

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe next year.

The Gamecube N64 and SNES are my favourite consoles of all time and I got a GC, DS and Wii on launch, but the launch games for the Wii U just aren't appealling, and after the disappointment of the Wii, I'm waiting for the price drop.

I have a f**kton of games to play on 360, PS3 and Wii still.

Big Pete

Referee
Nintendo died when sony showed up,so did Sega

Strange interpretation of death.

I reckon Sony wishes they were half as dead next generation as Nintendo apparently are.

Real talk, Nintendo 64 was a good console that introduced the best 3D adventure series in video games as well as provide us with the first awesome console FPS. Mario spin offs such as Super Smash Bros., Party etc. were also unique at the time and their formula still holds up quite well in contemporary gaming.

Last edited:

The Eagle

Juniors
I should be clearer,I personally believe that nintendo is now a family machine whilst Sony and Microsoft fight it out for the hearts of us hardcore gamers, i'm a Sony fan but I have the PC to for mmo and a few other types of game such as fps

Both I consider gaming machines, my mother has a wii....I cannot for the life of me take that console seriously when it needs you to buy a controller from a retired console to play it like a playstation/xbox

I want to pees a button to pass the ball I don't want to dummy my f**king controller, that's lame in my opinion and has no place in true gaming

Parra Pride

Coach
I should be clearer,I personally believe that nintendo is now a family machine whilst Sony and Microsoft fight it out for the hearts of us hardcore gamers, i'm a Sony fan but I have the PC to for mmo and a few other types of game such as fps

Both I consider gaming machines, my mother has a wii....I cannot for the life of me take that console seriously when it needs you to buy a controller from a retired console to play it like a playstation/xbox

I want to pees a button to pass the ball I don't want to dummy my f**king controller, that's lame in my opinion and has no place in true gaming

Because there was no regular control made specifically for the Wii available, oh wait, yes there was, although don't count on playing Skyward Sword with one.

chrisD

Coach
Might pick it up when Monster Hunter whatever version comes out, but they need more/better Nintendo franchises for me to care at launch. The focus on getting the support of the third party cash cow franchises does nothing for me, I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, I have a PC for anything else I can be arsed with.