What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Niue vs South Africa - Saturday 2nd May

girvie

Staff member
Niue vs South Africa - Saturday 2nd May
Campbelltown Stadium - 7pm

Niue
1. Alex Seini (Blacktown Workers)
2. Manuel Ngawaka (North West Wolves)
3. Kodezz Simeki (North West Wolves)
4. Marcel Ikinofo (Newcastle)
5. Cyruss Payne (Marist Saints)
6. Zebastian Luisi (Maitland Pickers)
7. Albie Talipeau (North Ipswich)
8. George Lolo (Mascot)
9. Tamati Ulukita (Berkeley Eagles)
10. Justin Bernard (Altona)
11. Jaxon Frederick (Tagavaitau)
12. Wes Lolo (Wests Tigers)
13. Michael Filimona (Blacktown Workers)

14. Hendrix Desavu Folau (Mascot)
15. Walchi Sumica Kaifoto (Mascot)
16. Gavin Aron Patuki (Windsor)
17. Robin Siosiua-Hunuki (Peninsula)
18. Kurt Bernard (Thunder Bolts)
19. Nephi Kapinga (Mascot)
20. Litasi Vakanofiti Ma'u (Fairvale OB)

Coach: Brendan Perenara

South Africa
1. Gideon Mzembe (Wests Panthers)
2. Lee Langenhoven (Tomahawks)
3. Rudolph Prinsloo (Bears)
4. Ronald Botes (Bears)
5. Rupert Wells (Tuks)
6. Jean Coetzer (c) (Rabbitohs)
7. Johan Joubert (Tuks)
8. Jaice Terblanche (Broncos)
9. Marcell Viljoen (Bears)
10. Attie Joubert (Tuks)
11. Shane Gilham (Gold Coast)
12. Dwayne Botma (Tuks)
13. Halvor Harris (North Qld)

14. Brandon Snell (Tigers)
15. Ruan du Preez (Tuks)
16. Darryn Dereuk (Carina)
17. Jean-Di Oosthuysen (Tigers)
18. Nardus Raubenheimer (Tuks)
19. William de Beer (Tigers)
20. Tommy Joubert (Tuks)
21. Dries van der Merwe (Bears)

Coach: Brian Greige

The Partisan

So happy the Ch.9 Footy Show took the opportunity last Thursday to hold an in depth interview with the visiting SA Rhinos who were members of the crowd. Certainly provided the chance for them to raise the profile of the game and its growing international reach.

No hang on........ that's what i was hoping would have happened .......the reality was very much different ..and disappointing. :(

DlEHARD

Juniors
So happy the Ch.9 Footy Show took the opportunity last Thursday to hold an in depth interview with the visiting SA Rhinos who were members of the crowd. Certainly provided the chance for them to raise the profile of the game and its growing international reach.

No hang on........ that's what i was hoping would have happened .......the reality was very much different ..and disappointing. :(

Damn you got me excited :(

The Partisan

Nuie 42 - 4 from memory.

South Africa obviously outclassed in this game.

Hats off to them for making the tour and here's hoping that the game has a future in this part of the world.

Big loss.. but great that they toured. Would love to see a south african side play in the nswrl cup or warl league like the png team and the future fijian side. I think that would help development

Evil Homer

Staff member
Whats the go with Niue, is there actually any RL played there? I know the population is just over 1,000 people so it's pretty moot, but it would be nice if we could add another international team in the Pacific.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Seems odd that Niue aren't at least given a shot at WC qualifying if they're that much better than South Africa.

girvie

Staff member
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/niue-beat-south-africa/

Written by STEVE MASCORD, May 3, 2015

SOUTH Africa have ended their first Australian tour in 52 years with a heavy defeat to international league minnows Niue.

In atrocious conditions at Campbelltown Stadium, the Rhinos were never really in the hunt as they crashed 48-4 to a Niue combination inspired by former Sydney Rooster Albert Talipeau.

And it was a family affair, with brothers Wes and George Lolo getting a try each – as did siblings Kurt and Justin Bernard.

Justin, who plays for Altona in the Victorian Rugby League, crossed after only a couple of minutes and by halftime Niue led 28-0. South Africa had no answer to attack that was slick despite the wet and slippery conditions.

The Rhinos – who beat the Philippines last week – finally troubled the scorers when big prop Attie Joubert crashed over in the 54th minute.

“This is still a great opportunity for us and I can’t wipe the smile off my face,” said Rhinos captain Jean Coeter.

Latest posts