What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.1 Rock Band

Number 1 Rock Band

• Ozzy Osbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Floyd

• Guns N Roses

• The Rolling Stones

• Metallica

• Nirvana

• Silverchair

• Total voters

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think some of those groups would be classified as Grunge/Alternative rock such as silverchair and Nirvana, and nearly all the others are classified as Heavy Metal. I'm saying this because Queen is widely regarded as one of the best Rock groups in history. But if you added Queen into that list I dare say they'd get overlooked.

half

Coach
well my fav rock band of all time is kyuss. of current bands i like the shins

of the poll options, led zeppelin's the best

roofromoz

First Grade
madunit said:
I'm saying this because Queen is widely regarded as one of the best Rock groups in history. But if you added Queen into that list I dare say they'd get overlooked.

You would get a vote from me if Queen were in the poll. I reckon they are the best band of all time... Freddie Mercury was just a phenomenon, and Brian May can definitely play.

But yeah, of the modern day bands, Pacifier is the one!

Anonymous

Juniors
Led Zeppelin wins by a long way. A LoooOoOOoOoong way. They got so many great songs in their collection, every CD is a winner. Nothing can beat Going to California and D'yer Mak'er.

Metallica might be a distant second.

Jono Russell

Bench
out of that list i would say the gunners kick ass by a country mile how ever the best rock band ever is by far ac/dc

Anonymous

Juniors
Further to the greatness of Led Zep... how many bands can boast a CD so perfect as Led Zeppelin IV? Every song on that CD is an absolute rock masterpiece. Not an ounce of filler, like so much of the stuff that comes out today.

And then, after they've reached absolute perfection, they have the gall to come out and release Physical Graffiti a few years later, which is just a sliver away from perfection.

Lots of the other bands 'Greatest Hits' CDs would stuggle to reach the levels of either IV or Physical Graffiti.

Jono Russell

Bench
El Garbo said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
all those bands are pathetically pathetic

And dare I ask.. what bands do you like?!

he likes hardcore bands such as korn,static x,slipknot ecte ct from memory that is i know he has said it before.

i must admit one thing that led zep have going for them is stairway to heaven some of th best guitaring ever in that song.

but still with songs like highway to hell,thunderstruck,if you want blood,hells bells,TNT,high voltage and so so so so many more ac/dc are the best rock band. they would need two a a 10 cd set in order to have all there greatest hits.

Anonymous

Juniors
I love Acca Dacca, but they have nothing on Led Zep.

AC/DC have some awesome songs, but they don't have a Stairway to Heaven or a Kashmir.

As for Korn and all those other bands... well they are all okay, but hardly classics. And most of them owe their success to the groundwork laid down by some of the bands listed in the poll...

Samwise

Bench
thus negating the poll, if your amp does not go to eleven then you are not truly a rock band

Anonymous

Juniors
Samwise said:
thus negating the poll, if your amp does not go to eleven then you are not truly a rock band

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the Stonehenge.
'Let's not make a big thing of this.'
'No, I think making a big thing of it would have been a very good idea!'