What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Kimmorley

antonius

Coach
It wasn't so much the pass, that just topped of the worst display I've ever seen from him. His kicking game was woefull, and his decission making worse. To be fair we were out muscled in the forwards, I thought Bailey, and Ryles were outplayed, which left it basically up to our backrowers to get us moving. Kennedy and Hindmarsh were outstanding in that regard. If you needed proof that we have conditioning problems at Newcastle look no further than BK, he was back to his devastating best last night. I think there will be afew changes up front next game both in the starting lineup and the bench. Our best was Mini, with BK, and Hindmarsh not far behind.

the_knights_rule said:
i want him GORRRRRRRRRRRRRRNE!!!!!!!!! he lost us the game

Kimmorley had a reasonably solid game. 2 Obvious exceptions.... the first was the missed kick at goal which even a third string kicker could have kicked - but Lockeyer missed a sitter too and Fitzgibbon missed one he would normally kick.

The 2nd exception to Noddys pretty solid game was that cutout pass which cut out his team mates and landed in the arms of Bowen. It was desperation stuff it was near the last tackle and had the pass stuck he'd be hailed a hero now... but it didnt.

His kicking game last night was very ordinary but apart from that he played ok. Buderus had a very quiet game except that one part when he was backing up Matt King for that wonderful try. Should Buderus be sacked cause of one bad game?

As much as I think Johns would have played better than Kimmorly you cant let Joey loose in state of origin with just one game under his belt - stick with Kimmorley nad he will make up for it June 15th in Sydney and make for an exciting series.

Gee I wish BK was still playing with us - needles to ay we would have already had 3 or 4 wins under our belt if he was. As much as Smith has provided experience - BK oozes passion and pride - he is a Knights legend.

John_Travolta

Juniors
I`ll tell you what, I watched every minute of last nights game personally, he improved in the second half granted. However his Kicking game was APPAULING. That`s why Barrett started kicking more. Bring into the side Matt Orford for christ sakes..... WHY OH WHY he was not even selected for it is still beyond me.... Andrew Johns even! if he gets through next week without injury and performs at even 80% give him a go....

Troy

les norton

First Grade
He did more than 2 things wrong in that game ...he had an absolute barry crocker.

His whole game was off and considering how he has been playing for the sharkies and in the australian team it was completely obvisous

Doctor

Bench
I rarely utilise the signature function for campaigns, so perhaps this might give a fair indication of how disappointing Kimmorley's performance was last night.

In all fairness to the bloke, his form coming into the game was pretty good. But he either choked under the pressure, or else wasn't up to task. I cannot remember a good kick that the halfback put in last night. When his kicks weren't going straight down a Queenslander's throat, he was kicking it dead in-goal, or putting up seriously unthreatening bombs that were caught by the Maroons quite easily, either in their own in-goal or in the field of play. So, I cannot find any example of a kick from Kimmorley that did what it should have -- this is not an exaggeration on my part. If you can find a good kick, then good on you.

Then to add insult to the already lacklustre kicking display, his sloppy passing skills gave Bowen an intercept on a silver plate -- simply unforgiveable for a halfback of his reputation to concede the game with such ease.

Granted my signature is a little wishful thinking, one thing is for certain: there are plenty of great halfbacks, on the field and off. Johns, Orford, Gower etc, can all do a great job if they're fit. Kimmorley had a shocker.

borat

Bench
Kimorley has got to go. No two ways about it. We cannot afford him to have another night like that. Johns unfortunately due to injury has left his run for SOO2 to late. One club game won't be enough before an origin match and I can't really see the knights beating the competition leaders, no offence. So my choice would be Sherwin because he has a far better kicking game than Orford. We don't need a flashy half, just someone who can control the ball and put in decent kicks.

Generalzod

Immortal
Squishy_Da_Byatch said:
Alright I just want to know how many people here want KIMmorley out of the blues side next game? I wont rest till he is out of there.

The selectors will be definately interested in your opinions.....

TooheysNew

Coach
Generalzod, can you remove or resize your signature image.

It should not exceed 20KB, and should not be larger than the dimensions of 400x100.

Thanks.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
my mum said she heard kimmoerly on the radio and he said he think he may have let the team down with that last pass.............. NO SH!T :lol: thats not the only way you let the team down

borat

Bench
the_knights_rule said:
my mum said she heard kimmoerly on the radio and he said he think he may have let the team down with that last pass.............. NO SH!T :lol: thats not the only way you let the team down

:lol: :lol:

Thats hilarious. He thinks he might've let the team down. You could be right Brett.

Geez I wish I could find a quote for that staetment

*melliez*

Juniors
There are better players than Kimmorley. He isn't going to excel at Origin like he wants to. Last night was all the proof we all need of that

Latest posts