What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Kimmorley

thuganomics

Coach
Johns Magic said:
That pass could've been thrown by anyone. Johns has attempted thousands of cutouts, and not all of them have worked.

Bottom line is that the pass didn't have to be thrown. As a playmaker, he should of known to kick it down field and tried to force a mistake. Its Goldent point in a Origin match, and that is why i think Kimmorley is a chocker. He put all this pressure on himself when he said that he wanted to dominate this series, and now look.

I dont want him to be in a Origin jersey again this year

Andy

First Grade
Freddy Fitler intercepted Johns' cut-out pass in the 2000 semi final, but that wasn't golden point extra time, and the whole team was playing like crap that night - so Johns wasn't solely responsible for the team's loss.

Kimmorley is solely responsible. I could see Bown coming up out of the line a long time before Kimmorley threw the pass - so should have he.

thuganomics

Coach
Andy said:
Freddy Fitler intercepted Johns' cut-out pass in the 2000 semi final, but that wasn't golden point extra time, and the whole team was playing like crap that night - so Johns wasn't solely responsible for the team's loss.

Kimmorley is solely responsible. I could see Bown coming up out of the line a long time before Kimmorley threw the pass - so should have he.

The Fittler intercept was a little differnt. Johns knew the Knights had to score again to win. While Kimmorley..all he had to do was get a clearing kik away and work for a field goal.

Risa

Bench
I really think they will pick Johns for the next game, but I hope they seriously consider Orford or Gower. I feel sorry for those two if as soon as Johns returns he gets rushed straight back in. It's not really fair on players who have actually been on the field most of the season.

Whats Doing

Bench
The fact of the matter is that Kimorley has had numerous chances at Origin level and has played poorly each time. It is always the same deficiences in his game at this level which is attrocious kicking and unable to get his backline moving.

Anyone who thinks he is up to this level because of club football and the Kangaroo tours is kidding themselves. The opposition is a far less daunting prospect than playing in Origin.

He has had many chances and has stuffed up the lot of them. His papers should be marked never to be selected again.

knights_maniac

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
You obviously don't watch much football mate.

Kimmorley was the player who won us the Great Britain series in '03, with so many injuries to the team.
He has dominated Johns in matches time and time again.
Whenever he has played representative matches before he has starred.
He is the one who has led the Sharks this season to the top of the table.

That pass could've been thrown by anyone. Johns has attempted thousands of cutouts, and not all of them have worked.

listen here kid.

Origin is the pinnacle of Rugby League worldwide. Not NRL, not internationals, not city/country...Origin. Kimmorley cannot play in this high intensity game. He has already proven this. He cannot cop the pressure. Kimmorley was half decent at melbourne..at northern eagles he was the biggest waste of cash in NRL history...at sharks he is half decent. He outplayed Johns? And so..what is your point? Johns is genius...Kimmorley..well he is the apprentice!

Kimmorley chokes under pressure. Kimmorley cannot preform at origin level. Johns has proven this without doubt.

finally....puhlease....PISS OFF!

Johns Magic

Referee
knights_maniac said:
listen here kid.

Origin is the pinnacle of Rugby League worldwide. Not NRL, not internationals, not city/country...Origin. Kimmorley cannot play in this high intensity game. He has already proven this. He cannot cop the pressure. Kimmorley was half decent at melbourne..at northern eagles he was the biggest waste of cash in NRL history...at sharks he is half decent. He outplayed Johns? And so..what is your point? Johns is genius...Kimmorley..well he is the apprentice!

Kimmorley chokes under pressure. Kimmorley cannot preform at origin level. Johns has proven this without doubt.

finally....puhlease....PISS OFF!

If you actually took the time to read my original post, I stated that Johns is better than Kimmorley.

My point, you ask? Is that Kimmorley is not as bad as you are making out. Tell me, with Johns unavailable, who would you select at half?

Gower, the hack who has never cut it at even country level?

Orford, the out-of-form man who would have to leap from club to the most highly intense level in the world?

Who then?

If Johns is the "genius", and as you conceded, he has outplayed been outplayed by Kimmorley, then that means he must be doing something right.

RABK

Referee
Kimmorley isn't half the player Johns is. And that is said with the Red and Blue glasses off.

Johns Magic

Referee
But even half of Johns is a damn good player.

Gower isn't an eighth of Johns, and Orford isn't a quarter.

RABK

Referee
Very true. Kimmorley is a damn good player but...

Johns is a future Immortal. People comparing him to Gower, Orford and Kimmorley are idiots.

Andy

First Grade
thuganomics said:
The Fittler intercept was a little differnt. Johns knew the Knights had to score again to win. While Kimmorley..all he had to do was get a clearing kik away and work for a field goal.

So basically you're saying NSW didn't have to score points to win. I think you're confused thugs... It was more important that NSW scored, as it was golden point extra time.

borat

Bench
Andy, it was like tackle 2 on the halfway line. If NSW kept working up field we could have gotten in position for a field goal or try or kick into the in goal. Put some pressure on. But Kimorley has the biggest brain explosion, sees Bowen rushing out of the line, and tries to take him on. Not needed at all.

Andy

First Grade
I totally agree! I'm just saying there was no difference in his intentions to Johns' in the 2000 semi final. It's just that Kimmorley's pass sucked even more.

At least Fittler had to jump to catch Joey's pass. Kimmorley passed it straight into Bowen's hands.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
But even half of Johns is a damn good player.

Gower isn't an eighth of Johns, and Orford isn't a quarter.

Oh My God! What a statement.................Now, I`ve "officially" heard it all....... You`re joking!!!! are you the full quid? obviously not!

borat said:
Andy, it was like tackle 2 on the halfway line. If NSW kept working up field we could have gotten in position for a field goal or try or kick into the in goal. Put some pressure on. But Kimorley has the biggest brain explosion, sees Bowen rushing out of the line, and tries to take him on. Not needed at all.

I am pretty sure you will find it was tackle 4 not tackle two.

Is there anyone with a video copy of the game that can confirm this?

The fact of the matter is ANYONE could see Bowen coming up and EVERYONE knew that if a pass was made what the outcome would of been, unless by some miracle that Bowen backed off or they got it over him (he is kinda short so that could of happened :p)

Now the fact that he is a "playmaker" you would think he would have more brains than that. If it was that he passed it and noone could see any opposing player who could possibly intercept it and by some miracle they did, alright then i would say it would of happened no matter who passed, but everyone could see Bowen comming so why didnt he?

Was he too worried about becomming the "hero" for the night and wasnt looking at the opposing players? Or was he just simply not concertrating?

As for Baz, Gaz, Coops and the likes, most of them as well as other players rarely got a touch of the ball, but look what happened when they did? Out of the 4 tries Baz had a hand in 3. Gaz scored one.

The fact that sh*tkins was trying to be home town hero, and robbing us of possesion, didn't help our causes, but at the same time, as my dad said NSW lacked the fire and intencity.

If they would of gone out and really hit them up they would of stunned them, QLD new they wouldnt try and hit them up, because of the disadvantage size wise. So they just charged right through and tore them apart.

I really think that if NSW comes out next game with guns blazing and really give it to them and play with the intencity that QLD was playing with on Wednesday they will win it.

Latest posts