What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Kimmorley

borat said:
Tackle 3 at the most. Thay had just taken a 20m tap.

Yeah they had taken a 20M tap and didnt look like getting within Drop Goal range in that set of 6 cause they were only just around half way from memory. It was desperation stuff and the way his kicking game had been going the cut out pass wasnt a bad option. As I said if it came off he'd be a hero to MOST reasonable NSW supporters. And I am sure you will find it was closer to the 4th tackle than the 2nd.

For SOME reason a high majority of Knights fans have it in for Kimmorley and cant see things objectively. Many GREAT players have made bad blunders. There is a fine line between brilliance and stupidity. It wasnt Kimmorleys fault that he often kept Joey at Hooker in many earlier State of Origin campaigns in the last 90's. Or is it a Hunter Mariner / Super League hang up? Either way...Get over it!

thuganomics

Coach
Andy said:
So basically you're saying NSW didn't have to score points to win. I think you're confused thugs... It was more important that NSW scored, as it was golden point extra time.

But They didn't have to neccesarily score a try. If they worked it down field, they cuold of forced a mistake and potted over a one pointer. In Extra time that was a very very risky play..and look at the consequences.

thuganomics said:
But They didn't have to neccesarily score a try. If they worked it down field, they cuold of forced a mistake and potted over a one pointer. In Extra time that was a very very risky play..and look at the consequences.

Yes it was a risky play and hindsight is also a wonderful thing. He could have just passed a normal pass (that could have been dropped anyway) and hit up the way the were going forward very slowly in that set and Kimmorleys kicking game - desperate things call for desperate measures. If the pass went a foot either side up or down and into Coopers breadbasket - with Rooney on the outside and its shut the gate - Rooney would have been guaranteed to score in the corner - a much better result WAS possible!

aqua_duck

Coach
I reckon NSW would've been better off playing one man short, thats the worse halfback display I've ever seen in rugby league, I mean iwasn't just the intercept, it was the shocking kicking game, I mean did any of his kicks result in line drop outs? He also starved Gasnier and Cooper of the ball in the 1st half.
The intercept just capped it off.
I would say Josh Perry would've been more effective with Josh Perry at halfback, no doubt he couldn't have done worse.

John_Travolta

Juniors
I think even I have missed this one....... What about:
Possibly moving Trent Barrett to halfback...........?? would that be such a bad idea?

Jesfery

Juniors
John_Travolta said:
I think even I have missed this one....... What about:
Possibly moving Trent Barrett to halfback...........?? would that be such a bad idea?

I reckon they could do worse than;

6. Anasta
7. Barrett

Lets face it, despite what any of us think of him, Anasta has been playing well this season.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Jesfery said:
I reckon they could do worse than;

6. Anasta
7. Barrett

Lets face it, despite what any of us think of him, Anasta has been playing well this season.

I reckon!, but Braith Anasta is deciding to goto Rah Rah`s isn`t he? what about Scott Hill @#6?

Jesfery

Juniors
I like Hill as a player but he hasnt had the form of late. If you're going to do it, it's gotta be Anasta (I feel so dirty saying that).

Jesfery

Juniors
When you've got blokes like Cooper and Gasnier in the centres, who needs a playmaker... Just get the ball out to 'em.

Alba

Coach
i cant believe how many people are baggin out on Kimmorley .. godammit i cant stand the guy but i dont think its fair that he be tossed aside because of one bad performance .. and anybody that says that Joey should be there needs their heads read .. itd be unfair to the halfbacks that have played their guts out all year if Joey got picked .. and saying that its Kimmorleys fault we lost the game!! HELL NO!! maybe he did pass that ball that ended up in the hands of Bowen but the game was going so fast theres no way Kimmorley coulda seen that comin from without stopping and looking .. if it hadda got to Cooper theres a fair chance we woulda won the game, but it didnt, and thats Origin football .. deal with it, theres still 2 games to go and i think everyone is also forgetting the comeback that was made ..geeeeeeeeezzz

Ben

Bench
theres still two games to go but the third one wont count if Qld win the next. If kimmorley's play, the centres and wingers wil be starved of the ball and thus we will lose. simple as that.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Jesfery said:
Um... Shaun Timmins

Shaun Timmins would have to be one of if not the most passionate player going around today... I was saddened when he retired from rep footy.... Can`t help but think what if he haden`t had all those injury problems what and where he`d be today.

Latest posts