What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more Select NRL footy cards

girvie

Staff member
Looks like Select will not be producing footy cards in 2013.

Hopefully someone else takes it up as it's a great way for kids to get involved in supporting footy.

http://www.selectaustralia.com.au/index.php

The end of our NRL era and Merry Xmas to all

Select Australia will no longer be producing NRL collector cards with the 2012 season being our last series of cards.

We chose to relinquish the licence and will cease selling NRL products as of the 31st January, 2013. So if you wish to purchase any NRL related product from us please do so by this date.

Select would like to acknowledge the great partnership we had with the NRL for the last 12 years. To all our loyal collectors of Select�s NRL range � thank you for your years of dedication and collection of our products. Your support and constant feedback was always appreciated.

We sincerely thank you for your loyalty and wish to inform you that even though we are not producing any further series of NRL cards, we will still be honouring redemptions relating to our NRL signatures until further notice. Please follow the instructions on the reverse of the card to redeem.

We wish all our collectors a very Merry Christmas and a happy and safe holiday period.

We will be closed from Friday 21st December, and reopen on Monday 7th January, 2013.

All the best with your collecting.

Many thanks

The team at Select Australia

hardbaby

Coach
I loved footy cards as a kid. I remember busting my arse in 1977 trying to get a full team. The only Dragons player missing was Rod Reddy. Never got him but it didn't matter. Bath's Babes won it anyway. Great memories.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
they need to bring abck the pink gum. but not a new improved formula EXACTLY the same as they did previously. some pieces were chewy, others rock hard and brittle. it was like a lottery. I dont chew gum anymore but i would chew the gum if they brought it back

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I've still got a draw full of cards from the year when the borders were pink, and some of the blue ones as well. Might drag them out on the weekend.

juro

Bench
As long as someone does them (other than the Daily Telegraph), I'm not too fussed. Would love to get some for my son who is just starting to get into the footy...

There will actually be 2-3 sets next year from ESP.

A kids set.
A better 'collectors' set.

Select are still doing the card sets for the Daily Telegraph.

Select returned the licence I believe and not the NRL taking it / upping the price.

Didgi

I'd credit Select's cards and the smaller ones that came with the Smiths' chips with getting me into League tbh. I think I also kept the adhesive industry alive using blu-tack to put them up on the wall of my room.