What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No one gives us a chance

dino1

Juniors
No commentator except with saints ties gives us a chance. This is reflective of the market being $4.25 odds. I mean to say we have two important players on the sideline and we just played a smashing game.

However the same scenerio happened last year in the North Queensland Cowboys and they fell short. Should we go the same path I hope we beat Melbourne.

Old Timer

Coach
We are about to find out whether our coaching staff in particular and our roster are capable of learning anything from our previous encounters with the Bunnis this year.
Let’s make sure that we don’t give their back 3 easy returns out of their end.
Let’s make sure we don’t give them easy penalties and 7 tackle sets.
Let’s keep the ball along the ground making it harder for their big and tall players to pick it up.
Let’s not get sucked in by their tactics.
Let’s play with freedom instead of using the same set plays all the time.
Let’s get them thinking about us instead of us just about them.

possm

Coach
We are about to find out whether our coaching staff in particular and our roster are capable of learning anything from our previous encounters with the Bunnis this year.
Let’s make sure that we don’t give their back 3 easy returns out of their end.
Let’s make sure we don’t give them easy penalties and 7 tackle sets.
Let’s keep the ball along the ground making it harder for their big and tall players to pick it up.
Let’s not get sucked in by their tactics.
Let’s play with freedom instead of using the same set plays all the time.
Let’s get them thinking about us instead of us just about them.

To me we have the squad to win a competition however, the normal turn-over of players should take place at the end of this season to improve our squad to remain in contention for the 2019 season.

Last week we proved that our forwards could do the job without Vaughan and this week our halves have to perform without Widdop. It's been pleasing to see that our right edge has improved in defence and attack since Macdonald and Lomax were selected as our outside backs on the right edge. I noticed that both Mann on the left and Lomax on the right side of the right kicked for Dufty to chase, bring him into the attack in a way he has not been used up until that game.

giboz71

First Grade
I watched the replay of Sunday’s game last night and seriously the whole 17 played out of their skins.

Don’t think it’s been noted enough that we played the last 25 mins without Widdop, Graham and JDB. That left us 1 reserve for the last quarter of a semi final where fatigue comes to get you.

Brisbane scored 2 quick tries and Suncorp was rockiing. And we repelled them and actually extended our lead. It was an amazing effort.

If we can at least repeat the effort, I’ll be happy regardless of the result. Not expecting too much without Widdop and Vaughan but we’re still a big chance.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
WELL I GIVE US A BIG CHANCE .james graham and his assistants do a job on the wabbits pack ,ben hunt kicks us into a very attacking situation ,and the rest of the red hot dragons .dine on cooked wabbit ...........love it GO THE BIG BIG BIG RED VVVVVVVVV

giboz71

First Grade
Yep, we are much better being completely written off just like last week. The more the media bag us the better cause it just fires the boys up to prove them wrong.

Doesn’t just fire them up, they play with a weight off their shoulders. Guys like Hunt especially.

Was clear the first 2 months of the year when people still weren’t sure about us. We played without fear and expectation.

As soon as Bellamy said we were the benchmark and we became favourites in every game we started to regress.

We’re $31 to win the comp right now, exactly where we want to be.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Doesn’t just fire them up, they play with a weight off their shoulders. Guys like Hunt especially.

Was clear the first 2 months of the year when people still weren’t sure about us. We played without fear and expectation.

As soon as Bellamy said we were the benchmark and we became favourites in every game we started to regress.

We’re $31 to win the comp right now, exactly where we want to be.

Maintain the line speed for 80 mins & you’re home boys.
I dunno if I was dreaming, but I think I actually heard Mary utter the word at his airport interview last week??

And the boys delivered in spades

And just pick Lomax tomorrow FFS

We try to educate you & save you from your worst tendencies McMuppet