What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No one wants to come to Parra?

Parraletic

Juniors
Is our club an attractive destination for players? I wonder how damaging the headlines this year have affected our chances of landing some big names?

We need some quality forwards desperatly to go with our backline, we apparently made an offer for Crocker, but he & Dave Taylor signed with Souths. It is frustrating from a supporters point of view seeing these guys being snapped up by rivals. I believe we need a clean out of our forwards but who is left on offer for 2010? :?

TheParraboy

Staff member
weve signed good players in the recent past..riddell, morrison, stringer, tahu etc...

we over paid a lot of our juniors over the last year or two, and put blokes on big money who aint delivering
theres the problems

give it a year

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So Taylor has gone to Souths????? For 350k per season they can have him, thats massive overs for someone who has delivered so little in first grade.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is our club an attractive destination for players? I wonder how damaging the headlines this year have affected our chances of landing some big names?

We need some quality forwards desperatly to go with our backline, we apparently made an offer for Crocker, but he & Dave Taylor signed with Souths. It is frustrating from a supporters point of view seeing these guys being snapped up by rivals. I believe we need a clean out of our forwards but who is left on offer for 2010? :?

you're going off a little early aren't you?

homo man

Juniors
so where did you come to that conclusion? and how do you know we were interested?
Put it this way if we were'nt interested we should of been,he's exactly what we need,also souths just signed crocker on a 3 year deal.Maybe i was right about wing:sarcasm:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i'm not too bothered tbh, i think the guy has talent, but lacks the attitude and fundamentals eg holding the ball.

lewiscook

Juniors
How did we not get him,we should of had alot more money than souths to throw at him.:x

mate for the price souths are paying they can have him.
he hasn't even proven himself in the nrl yet and from what i hear is gettin more then 200k a year (which im assuming is back ended) so by the last year he will be earning 300k +

Ron Jeremy

Coach
So Taylor has gone to Souths????? For 350k per season they can have him, thats massive overs for someone who has delivered so little in first grade.

huge overs!!! the guy hasn't held down a spot in first grade for the broncos since he started.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Put it this way if we were'nt interested we should of been,he's exactly what we need,also souths just signed crocker on a 3 year deal.Maybe i was right about wing:sarcasm:

I'd rather an experianced campaigner like Poore, he's someone who can steady the ship and lead the way, as far as I'm concerned Timmy Mannah is on par potentially and I think he'd come cheaper.

Basque Eel

Juniors
Does anyone know what Parra are doing with signing of players?? It seems that every other club have high profile, big money players and are still able to continue to sign other high profile players while we sign no-one for two years and let key players out of their contracts with the likes of Finchey, Riddell and Smith (just to name a few). Only today Souths have announced the signing of David Taylor into their squad and last week signed Mick Crocker. Parramatta needs to be chasing a good 2nd rower and prop to help out Hindmarsh, Cayless & Fui Fui and what do we come up with....nothing!! Are we going to continue to have the same team we've had for the past 3 years and with no new signings?? Parramatta would have the most Juniors playing in our A Grade team at this moment, surely we must have money available under the salary cap. Hopefully now that the Board has been changed, we might finally see some signings happen, but have we already missed our chance for this year??

Parraletic

Juniors
you're going off a little early aren't you?

I don't believe I am. I was just wondering what the perception of the club was like with other players. Do they see us as a club they can be succesfull with, win a premiership with & go on to represent with? Do other players believe we have the coaching staff to develop them to the next level?

We need to make ourselves as attractive as possible, that's all. I am just worried we might be on the nose atm.

Eels Dude

Coach
A player with plenty of potential, but it'll take a hard stance from Souths to turn him into a weekly first grader. Good luck to him and Souths, but I really don't see this as any loss that we didn't attempt to sign him.

homo man

Juniors
Welcome and enjoy dear friend,have you heard of the parra mardi gras float im desperate for volunteers pm if interested.

andrew057

First Grade
Parra do not need an inconsistent and unproven player like Dave Taylor on their books for $250K a season for 3 years.

Latest posts