What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No one wants to come to Parra?

Stagger eel

Staff member
by the sounds of it, we won't be getting Poore..

tbh I'd be happy with Logan or Matt Scott if they're available..

as I said it won't take much to improve our pack..

salvy71

Juniors
Poore will stay where he is IMO , I doubt the Dragons will lose too many players unless Bennett turfs them .
O'Meley could be worth a shot since the Roosters don't seem to want him . I like Leahroyd- Lars as well , with an injury free run he'd be great .

Stagger eel

Staff member
Poore will stay where he is IMO , I doubt the Dragons will lose too many players unless Bennett turfs them .
O'Meley could be worth a shot since the Roosters don't seem to want him . I like Leahroyd- Lars as well , with an injury free run he'd be great .

actually TLL and the shack would be a very very handy...

andrew057

First Grade
Manly’s battle to keep Jared signed

05 May 09 @ 04:47pm by JOHN GRECO

058b0740c870984ae2d73272eb7b3a89_resized.jpg

Manly's Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is keen to stay at the club beyond 2009. Picture: BRADEN FASTIER

ONE of the Sea Eagles’s most promising young talents is being heavily pursued by the Roosters.
Manly Toyota Cup (under-20) star Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is off-contract at season’s end with a number of clubs believed to be circling the boom backrower.
The 20-year-old, who has been a standout in the club’s rise to the top of the Toyota Cup table, is firmly on the Roosters radar.
Should Manly re-sign Jared Waerea-Hargreaves? Have your say below
It’s understood the Bondi Junction club is eager to add some youth to their ageing forward pack and have earmarked the Rotorua-born forward as a potential recruit.
“He’s off contract and a quality young player so we’re definitely looking at him,” Roosters recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan told The Manly Daily on Tuesday.
“We wouldn’t be alone though, I’m sure plenty of clubs will be, he’s got a lot of talent.
“He’s probably the pick of the litter in their 20s at the moment. He’s a big boy with good aggression and is pretty tough ... he’s plays the game the right way.
“Given (Manly’s) predicament with the salary cap at the moment they might struggle to keep someone like him.”
The Sea Eagles are keen to re-sign the damaging ball-runner but also have another five key players off-contract.
Skipper Matt Orford, wingers Michael Robertson and David Williams and forwards Glenn Hall and Heath L’Estrange are also up for new deals for 2010.
Waerea-Hargreaves yesterday said he wanted to stay at Brookvale beyond 2009.
“I want to repay the faith (Manly) showed in me, they gave me an opportunity when I came over from rugby,” he said.
“I’m just focusing on playing good footy at the moment but I’m definitely keen to stay.”
Waerea-Hargreaves has been named on an extended five-man bench to make his first grade debut against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/manly-s-battle-to-keep-jared-signed/

I would hope that the Roosters are not the only team chasing this kid. He'll make Dave Taylor look like Steve Crouch. ;-)

Jared is going to be a monster. Definitely a player I'd love to see signed.

Latest posts