What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No place for this in our game

Mr Spock!

Referee
I think a fair penalty is to put him in a room with Ian Roberts and call him a gay merkin.

He won't do it again.

Ask Garry Jack.

adamkungl

Immortal
What part of using that as a put down is offensive do you not understand?

In the modern day professionalism and PR is vital. Perception is reality. Sponsors and the like will run away screaming if homophobia is tolerated.

Using 'gay' as an insult is homophobia, plain and simple.

every put down is supposed to be offensive, otherwise what would be the bloody point :roll:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Scrap the under 20's game. A breeding ground for hate fueled violence.

The ya-hooing and carrying on by the blues was spiteful, hateful and un-called for in a under 20's comp that should be highlighting future talent, not future thugs and bullies.
Either get real refs and have send-offs to maintain the hate, or scrap this non event.
I have just posted the NRL REPORT OVER ON THE TROLL CAVE UNDER WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR THE GAME 2017. If your interested. No skin off my nose if you dont care.

Our resident spineless bet welching gimp .. didnt like our baby blues belting the tripe out of those oxygen thiefs in maroon eh ?

Get used to it d head... :cool:

BunniesMan

Immortal
So I take it the word 'gay' has never left your mouth?
I don't claim to be perfect. Yes I use it with mates even though I think it's wrong. But there's a difference between that and saying it in a public area where I know I'm being recorded. If I did I'd expect to face the consequences.
every put down is supposed to be offensive, otherwise what would be the bloody point :roll:

I meant offensive to the gay community.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So you were offended????

I'm not gay but I don't get offended if people call me gay. There's much worse things you can be called. But that doesn't mean it's right to do it. Especially when the intentions of the person saying it are hateful.

thorson1987

Coach
I'm not gay but I don't get offended if people call me gay. There's much worse things you can be called. But that doesn't mean it's right to do it. Especially when the intentions of the person saying it are hateful.

f**k off you gay merkin.

Frederick

Staff member
I fully expect Bateman to make an official complaint.

He will then front the media and be photographed with this look on his face:
741265-goodes.jpg

The media will then run a hate campaign against the player in question.

Dave smith will commit a faux pas by suggesting Bateman could play the lead in "The boy from Oz"

And Bateman will be named australian of the year next year.

It's the circle of life

Canard

Immortal

741265-goodes.jpg

Dave smith will commit a faux pas by suggesting Bateman could play the lead in "The boy from Oz"

It's the circle of life

So you reckon the CEO of the NRL is the equivalent of an AFL club boss........

Mr Spock!

Referee

741265-goodes.jpg

It's the circle of life

So racist taunts are ok?

Chook Norris

First Grade
I don't claim to be perfect. Yes I use it with mates even though I think it's wrong. But there's a difference between that and saying it in a public area where I know I'm being recorded. If I did I'd expect to face the consequences.

I meant offensive to the gay community.

Where do we stop though? What about the word c***? Do we claim that word to be misogynistic and have an uproar over that too?

There was a lot of sledging and swearing going on in this game...young kids will do this kind of stuff until they grown up...no biggie.

adamkungl

Immortal
There was a lot of sledging and swearing going on in this game...young kids will do this kind of stuff until they grown up...no biggie.

Pretty much this. Footy field sorts it self out, you act like a merkin you paint a target on yourself.

Due to the publicity the NRL has to be seen to make some kind of statement but really all that's needed is to give the kid a slap on the wrist and let him know that kinda stuff's not on in the big leagues.

innsaneink

Referee
I heard a little on the radio regarding a NSW player apparently having an offensive word written on the tape on his wrist.
Apparently it was clearly visible on TV, but I was out of the house all day and did not see it.
Did anyone else see or hear of this ?
Yeh I watched the whole game but somehow missed this message textaed on his strapping
Maybe the cameras zoomed in on it? I dunno
Who searches for scribbles on strapping when watching footy?
Maybe merkin is inspirational for him, its what he wants, much like a win last night
As for the gay vilification, well yes that does happen on most fields most weekends from about 14 up...what can be done???

I wont be able to sleep for weeks