What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No place for this in our game

undertaker

Coach
2884227162a5754258539ml.jpg

TimmyB

Juniors
I'm not going to judge the player who said it too harshly. It's widely used amongst that age group - well it was when I was 18 and I imagine that's unchanged.

If Bateman is not gay I'm site is water of a ducks back. I imagine it's widely offensive to gay stakeholders in the game and the population at large. To be frank I and I'm sure other heterosexual supporters of the game find it offensive.

It's great the game is taking a stand. Rugby league should take a leading role in trying eliminate it from the lexikon. I wouldn't like to see the player in question punished though. Counselling and an edict to all players of the game at any level that in the future homophobic slurs - and discrimantory comments of any kind - will be met with a four match ban. There is no excuse for it, it's so easily avoided.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't think its appropriate to use the term as an insult, and to be honest I'm surprised how prevalent its usage is (particularly from the younger generation) given how "main stream" being homosexual seems to have become.

But of course alot of it is about context:

"You're gay!" is just lazy use of language and is unfortunately used by the younger generation, usually without any sort of malice.

"f**king Gay merkin" is vitriolic and nothing other than a narrow minded slur that seeks to denigrate a section of our community.

What about:
"He's black", v's "He's a f**king black merkin". Nah, no insult there.

There is a huge difference between the word 'gay' and 'black' as an insult. As said no one under 30 means anything remotely homosexual when they say the word 'gay.' calling someone black has he same meaning no matter your age bracket.

It's ridiculous that any punishment is being handed out for this.

TimmyB

Juniors
I pity people like this who view the word gay as an insult. So insular and homophobic. It's sad.
Weasel words.

Two statements:
My friend from the United States is black.
I met this guy from the United States, he's a black piece of s***.

See the difference?

My gay friend marched in the mardi gras.
This gay c*** I know marched in the mardi gras.

See the difference?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I am honestly sick and tired of all the politically correct gay sympathisers who have infiltrated LU.

Yes....I am a homophobe, and for good f**king reason.

Like the HUGE major of the population, I use a public toilet to expel bodily waste, not to attempt to commit a sexual assault on a 14 year old.

That 14 year old was me....when the toilet door burst open with a naked middle aged sporting a full erection, there's no time to wipe your arse. I kept that secret to myself for over 15 years, despising anything remotely gay. No police, parents, friends, anyone knew.

Now our little Master Bateman is either a weak character or has a chip on his shoulder. Under 20s doesn't mean you're a 14 year old where your life experiences are more impressionable, longer lasting and develops personal beliefs and values.

Master Bateman looks more suited to bocce.

TimmyB

Juniors
There is a huge difference between the word 'gay' and 'black' as an insult. As said no one under 30 means anything remotely homosexual when they say the word 'gay.' calling someone black has he same meaning no matter your age bracket.

It's ridiculous that any punishment is being handed out for this.

BS.

I've no doubt there are people under the age of 30 who direct the insult gay c*** and mean precisely that.

isaiah

Bench
This is seriously a massive issue? :?

Ask Bateman how he feels and move along. Chances are he's probably already forgotten about it.
Who hasn't called someone else gay in their lifetime? If he's actually gay and the remark was meant to be a serious jab at that, then there is an issue. Otherwise, who the f**k cares
who are you are where have you posted the other 7352 times? i've never read anything you have said before.

ellskimore

Juniors
I'm lazy and don't want to read through this whole conversation. What did Matt Lodge have written on his tape?

kbw

Bench
Whats next an inquest into a porker called a fat pr#$%k
or someone who isn't a rocket scientist called a dumb f#$k

Mr Spock!

Referee
I am honestly sick and tired of all the politically correct gay sympathisers who have infiltrated LU.

Yes....I am a homophobe, and for good f**king reason.

Like the HUGE major of the population, I use a public toilet to expel bodily waste, not to attempt to commit a sexual assault on a 14 year old.

That 14 year old was me....when the toilet door burst open with a naked middle aged sporting a full erection, there's no time to wipe your arse. I kept that secret to myself for over 15 years, despising anything remotely gay. No police, parents, friends, anyone knew.

Now our little Master Bateman is either a weak character or has a chip on his shoulder. Under 20s doesn't mean you're a 14 year old where your life experiences are more impressionable, longer lasting and develops personal beliefs and values.

Master Bateman looks more suited to bocce.

Had the same sort of experience but paedophilia, sexual harassment and sexual assault aren't the same as homosexuality.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Had the same sort of experience but paedophilia, sexual harassment and sexual assault aren't the same as homosexuality.
Of course it isn't, however a certain poster on here got a little excited and decided to incorporate it into his own personal story to give it a greater impact.

Ghoulies

Bench
I think we'd have heard by now if he was. The guy himself apparently doesn't care, which makes the last 2 lines of veg's post all the more odd.