What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No SET Plays !!!

Brian Jackson

Juniors
Watching the game tonight, and last week, and the week before... it is so furstrating watching the team build up, and come to the 4th and 5th tackle.... nothing!!!

It's either a bomb or off the cuff sorta stuff.. hot potato until someone does something or someone else drops the ball... noone running lines or depth in the backline.

Watching other teams frustrates me even more b/c they have some type of set play almost every set.. and it's great to watch

We have the talent in the team and are capable of so much more..

We are so predictable and to be honest lucky to have chalked up 2 wins...

where is the deep backline, there's no decoy runners, no run a arounds, there is nothing really.
We are slow out of dummy half, slow on kick returns.
Gus Gould said last week that we looked unfit, lazy and had no structure and I have to agree with him.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Couldnt agree more, we made the Dragons look like a gun side, thats how ordinary tonight was.

I mean what happened since the Bulldogs second half performance in Round 1. In that 2nd half, Parramatta looked really dangerous, they threw the ball around, the kicks were accurate, and the passes were really good, hardly made an error.

Mind you we didnt make too many handling errors tonight, but we also played boring.

All game I was watching Parramatta on the 4th tackle, and they werent deep enough.

And their hit ups were ordinary on occassions. If MoiMoi wants to make those big runs, stand a lot deeper and run at the halfback.

PATHETIC!!!

after getting home from the game and watching titans v broncos, this point becomes very apparant.

their teams have players moving all the time... angles, decoys almost every play. It gives the halves something to work with. It gives the team leadership and direction if they half can take charge.

Fathead

Bench
How good were the Titans.. Compare them to the eels in attack and they are light years in front of us. OK it was wet at parra but still...

Eels Dude

Coach
Watching the game tonight, and last week, and the week before... it is so furstrating watching the team build up, and come to the 4th and 5th tackle.... nothing!!!

It's either a bomb or off the cuff sorta stuff.. hot potato until someone does something or someone else drops the ball... noone running lines or depth in the backline.

Watching other teams frustrates me even more b/c they have some type of set play almost every set.. and it's great to watch

We have the talent in the team and are capable of so much more..

We are so predictable and to be honest lucky to have chalked up 2 wins...

Agreed. It doesn't matter how good the individual talent in a side is, if you can't perform as a side you'll go nowhere. That's something our head coach should be looking at, he's missed the criticism so far, but I think he should be offering answers as to why both our overall attacking and defensive structure is so poor.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yep, have to agree with all of you.

Last year was built on hard running up-front and the likes of Inu, Hayne and Tahu capitalsing on second phase play.

This year - zilch. No heart, no pride, no idea.

They need Inu and Ben Smith in the centres with Hayne at fullback, but then no amount of changes are going to change the fact that the players don't give a sh*t.

Oh, by the way .... Daniel Anderson

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With one minute to go and a try needed to win the game in the first 2 or 3 tackles we we're taking settlers. We just look like a rabble out there, and the captain shows no leadership at all. And Hev, Anderson would be a good start.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree with everyone. Very predictable wasn't it. Backs hit it up for 2 or 3 from d/h. Give it to a forward for a soft hit up or two, then kick. FFS !

our team was an embarresmet tonight and couldnt pull off a set play if that moron halves coach and gus was out there to walk them though it. Grothe bipolar??

LeagueMad

Juniors
Matty johns hit it on the head , you can't play sideway's you have to play straight and thru the middle , thats the reason the team who dominates the ruck useally win's the game

Glenn

First Grade
About the only set play I can recall is the Mateo Bannana kick for Burt to score.

zuke

Juniors
SOS TIM SMITH.
Agree. Out of the players that we have lost I think we are really missing PJ Marsh. He was very handy in defence and used to be really quick from dummy half.

Glenn

First Grade
you reckon that was a set play, or just Mateo being inventive ?

Give the benefit of the doubt and say a set play purely because Burt was right on the spot to score, so looking at that something that is practiced at training.

Latest posts