What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

Game_Breaker

Coach
If Souths manage to actually win this year we can still claim that no team that has lost by 50 once in a season have gone on to win the competition

Id be sad to see this thread go

We’re relying on Manly or Roosters in the prelim or most likely Storm in the GF to keep this thread alive *shivers*

Sphagnum

Coach
Parra, Souths and the roosters all still in the fight. If parra and the roosters both win on the weekend, the storm will be the only team left to maintain this record.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Last time they faced off in a grand final, Bennett’s underdog Broncos beat the Storm

That was a different time, different brand of football. The Big 4 for Melbourne hadn't hit their straps yet and the Broncos had a tonne of GF experience in that side (it was the 4th Premiership for Locky, Thorn, Carroll and Webcke). Bennett has struggled to beat Bellyache coached sides ever since.

johns_reds

First Grade
Considering south’s conceded 50pts against storm and panthers, I think it is more likely we’ll see our first 50pts in a GF

BranVan3000

Coach
Considering south’s conceded 50pts against storm and panthers, I think it is more likely we’ll see our first 50pts in a GF
To be fair Penrith get all the accolades for that. I think we only had Murray out

But the Storm 50 point win is pretty irrelevant when we had no Reynolds, Latrell, Murray, Graham and a complete failed experiment of Cody to fullback. Benji and Hawkins as starting halves. Marsters at center who has never seen first grade again. It was as bad a team list as we've had all year

Latest posts