What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No to Fergo

Galeforce

Bench
Hope we have spare money to afford a top class 3/4 , however we should not make any offer to Fergo , the No di$khead Policy must apply.

Fergo is not wanted by the senior players at the Raiders , lets not allow his contamination within our team. His actions with Dugan early in the season and when he was chosen for Origin show his character . He has a record of problems with woman and unless he is neutered he is likely to reoffend and embarrass any future club.

If we have money for Fergo , then hope we go all out for Izzy or Charnley.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hope we have spare money to afford a top class 3/4 , however we should not make any offer to Fergo , the No di$khead Policy must apply.

So you won't be signing this guy?

43352584_cdc89951e6_m.jpg

Ps. Who's charnley?

Ferguson is a tempting player. He offers so much if you can get his head right, but I agree with you. We should not be the ones to attempt this. He seems like an utter merkin and the player group at the Raiders have had a coach sacked just to get rid of him so that tells you something about the opinion they have of him. When you remember that he shit on his team mates at Cronulla before this, I wouldn't even contemplate signing him.

Zigwaa

Bench
Sign him up if we can afford him. The influence of Inglis, Merritt and Coach Madge will do him wonders.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Maguire wouldn't pick up anyone with an attitude problem unless they were serious about changing. Mundine would have a great influence on him as would the boys in our squad. If he signed with us I wouldn't be against it only because I know our club would know how to manage him. Our backline would really benefit, Fergo is a star whether you like him or not. He can turn games on it's head. That said I'm pretty sure he's off to the Roosters with SBW going back to Union.

Big Sam

First Grade
What you do is offer a 1-year deal on a relatively small wage. If by April/May he's shown a marked improvement in attitude and has had his case cleared, you then offer a long-term +500k/season deal.

I really think a player like him would relish being part of a group of Indigenous role models like Merritt and GI. And I think we'd be a good chance at getting him given his links to Mundine.

What you do is offer a 1-year deal on a relatively small wage. If by April/May he's shown a marked improvement in attitude and has had his case cleared, you then offer a long-term +500k/season deal.

I really think a player like him would relish being part of a group of Indigenous role models like Merritt and GI. And I think we'd be a good chance at getting him given his links to Mundine.

All well and good to say this but unfortunately, there will be several clubs in the market for him. Someone like Parramatta or the Gold Coast or some other club who is struggling a bit will go in all guns blazing and offer 3 years at $800k/yr or some such and then your offer looks ridiculous in comparison.

Zigwaa

Bench
Don't think he will go to a club Parra given his massive ego and that he's clearly stated he wants to win a comp. Puts us in a good position to get him cheaper given our roster and current form.

Galeforce

Bench
he will not go anywhere cheap.
He will not go anywhere for < $500k PY and is getting out of the Raiders contract because he believes he can get more coin and move to Sydney.

Big Sam

First Grade
All well and good to say this but unfortunately, there will be several clubs in the market for him. Someone like Parramatta or the Gold Coast or some other club who is struggling a bit will go in all guns blazing and offer 3 years at $800k/yr or some such and then your offer looks ridiculous in comparison.

In which case you have to offer something outside money. In our case, that would be a genuine chance at a rehabilitation of his image and the opportunity to become an ambassador and leader in the Indigenous community.

Hopefully Ferguson will release that money doesn't solve everything. Look at Sandow - he took the easy financial option and it was a bandaid solution to his problems.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
No no no no no.

Rather go after izzy to be honest. I don't think inglis and co would be enough to make him pull his head in. If it were to happen I would hope it's similar to big sams suggestion, incentive based.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
We should go all out for him he would give us untold strike power in the 3/4 line we would be unstoppable.

Madge & the boy's would keep him in line and his game would improve more under Madge.

Big Sam

First Grade
No no no no no.

Rather go after izzy to be honest. I don't think inglis and co would be enough to make him pull his head in. If it were to happen I would hope it's similar to big sams suggestion, incentive based.

Folau's a really interesting one. Logic says if he really wanted to stay in RU he'd have signed already but I get a feeling he's waiting to see when the whole Ferguson/Barba/SBW merry-go-round ends before making a decision.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole
@RLW_Mole 8m BREAKING: Don't be surprised if Blakey Ferguson and The Man Mundine sit down for a pow-wow with @SSFCRABBITOHS in the next 48 hours, peeps.

If it ends up happening I am all for it. Look what happened to Carney when he got to the right club. The Raiders had problems before Ferguson got there. I think being around the strong leaders in our dressing room will be good for him.

Mundine has plenty of faults but being closer to him will mean he is less likely to hit the drink hard.

I'm confident in our clubs ability to get the best out of him.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Maguire wouldn't pick up anyone with an attitude problem unless they were serious about changing. Mundine would have a great influence on him as would the boys in our squad. If he signed with us I wouldn't be against it only because I know our club would know how to manage him. Our backline would really benefit, Fergo is a star whether you like him or not. He can turn games on it's head. That said I'm pretty sure he's off to the Roosters with SBW going back to Union.

I agree, could you imagine him chiming in with GI, Reynolds, Sutton and Luke?

Whether he is serious about knuckling down is really the question, but surely it would be worth the risk.

That said, SBW will be back in Union, so they will be throwing that cash his way.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Having Mundine in his ear is an advantage to us. People forget Mundine played a part in convincing GI to join us.

I reckon if we're able to offer the same amount as Easts, he chooses us.