What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noddy on the Eels

CrazyEel

Bench
In what way are the stats 'childish'?
The whole premise of the argument is based on the tip
Why is Noddy's tip (and his history of tipping) not allowed to come in to question?
I could easily use other bits of evidence to back my claim that Noddy's advice shouldn't be taken as gospel.

If he is such a leading authority on the game, and he has it so right all the time, why are his halves at the bulldogs struggling to compete?
He is the halves coach at the bulldogs isn't he?
So tell me champ, even with those stats, just why do you think they publish his tips in the paper and not yours? Why do you think your opinion holds more values than his? Your the one saying not to tke any note of him so you must consider your opinion to be of more value.

In any case it's not even about the tips, it's the analysis, and he's right because I agree with him, that's pretty much in line with your logic isn't it?

BigErn

Juniors
If you are all happy turning in to St George than good luck to you all.

Let me tell you, if any other team than the roosters made the grand final last year they would've beaten the dragons.

They can't go up a gear when needed.

And that is precisely what we're becoming.
We can do the same structure, the same routine and just go through the motions for 80 mins.

But at the 70 min mark when the tempo is lifted, we just can't turn it on and come up with the big play.

It's showed over this entire season.

That the risk you take with a highly structured game.
You have to be ahead at all times, because if you go down by more than 8, forget it. Ask any St George fan if they're confident when they're teams down by 8 with 10 to go.

Your defence can only get you so far. At the end of the day, you've got to be able to score points.

And we've lacked that this year. And there is no real improvement in that department next year just yet

Sandow is our only signing of note.

CrazyEel

Bench
Do you actually understand what you just wrote, your now just agreeing with the rest of us that all we need now is to add more class so we can step up at the end.

Suitman

Post Whore

Let me tell you, if any other team than the roosters made the grand final last year they would've beaten the dragons.

We can do the same structure, the same routine and just go through the motions for 80 mins.

But at the 70 min mark when the tempo is lifted, we just can't turn it on and come up with the big play.

You have to be ahead at all times, because if you go down by more than 8, forget it. Ask any St George fan if they're confident when they're teams down by 8 with 10 to go.

Your defence can only get you so far. At the end of the day, you've got to be able to score points.

And we've lacked that this year. And there is no real improvement in that department next year just yet

You just don't get it, do you?
You're not even open to taking any one else's opinions on board.
Open up a bit mate.

Suity

BigErn

Juniors
So tell me champ, even with those stats, just why do you think they publish his tips in the paper and not yours? Why do you think your opinion holds more values than his? Your the one saying not to tke any note of him so you must consider your opinion to be of more value.

In any case it's not even about the tips, it's the analysis, and he's right because I agree with him, that's pretty much in line with your logic isn't it?

That's your logic, not mine. You are the one who is so eager to believe anything that is out there in the media. "Oh Noddy said it, so it must be true".

The truth is, nobody knows what the future holds, and at the moment it's all speculation. All I'm saying is, that based on what I am seeing on the footy field, I myself don't see an improvement. Time will tell, and I hope I am wrong.

But again, who am I? You're right. I'm nobody special. You don't have to listen to anything I say. That's the whole point of a forum. An avenue for people to converse and put ideas out there. My opinion is that Noddy is not the best judge of our footy team and how we're travelling. I don't expect a lot of people to follow my line of thought, but in case they want to, I gave my reasons.

I guess I may have missed the whole point of this thing. I thought this forum was a place to post opinions, particularly about our footy team and how we're travelling.

Maybe I should just start posting random pictures and start calling people merkins.

Suitman

Post Whore
That's your logic, not mine. You are the one who is so eager to believe anything that is out there in the media. "Oh Noddy said it, so it must be true".

The truth is, nobody knows what the future holds, and at the moment it's all speculation. All I'm saying is, that based on what I am seeing on the footy field, I myself don't see an improvement. Time will tell, and I hope I am wrong.

But again, who am I? You're right. I'm nobody special. You don't have to listen to anything I say. That's the whole point of a forum. An avenue for people to converse and put ideas out there. My opinion is that Noddy is not the best judge of our footy team and how we're travelling. I don't expect a lot of people to follow my line of thought, but in case they want to, I gave my reasons.

I guess I may have missed the whole point of this thing. I thought this forum was a place to post opinions, particularly about our footy team and how we're travelling.

Maybe I should just start posting random pictures and start calling people merkins.

Cue Bart, Pou Pou and Casper.

Suity

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Kimmorley basically said what I've been thinking about us this year: Kearney is turning us into a machine, ike the Dragons and like the Storm. It's a funny thing to think about considering our recent run of losing games in the last 5 minutes but Kearney is looking to turn us into a team that just rolls on for 80 minutes.

No matter who they're playing, what the score is, what the time is or where they sit on the ladder, St. George and Melbourne can run through the same motions that allow them to be consistent and thus effective throughout both a game and a season.

We're this close to being in the same group as the two Premiership favourites. That's why we played boring football for the first half of the year, because we were just learning about the grind, the consistency of football. You don't try to teach both substance and style at the same time, so the substance came first and we played boring.

Now we're just starting to open up a bit. HaHa has gone to five-eighth where he belongs. Burt is at fullback where he belongs. We've got a few more options in attack but not so many that we're confusing ourselves and slipping away from the substance.

We're still learning, though. To make this transformation it was always going to take at least a season. Come next year we'll have forwards who know how it works, a five-eighth that has a little bit of experience under his belt, a running and supporting fullback, and we'll get an established halfback and a livewire #14. Possibly an international centre as well.

Personally, I'm very, very happy with where we are. I can absolutely see a fundmanetal change in our team that is geared towards us taking the structure of teams that have been successful over the last 5 years. I'm very excited about 2012 but I'm also very much enjoying watching the Eels in 2011.

Miss posts like these. This is what Avenger was on about.

Agree completely. Im happy with the changes are at the club.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Your opinions are fine mate, but you haven't exactly supported them with very good reasons. Like seriously, you have used tipping results to decide whether Brett Kimmorley has a clue about the game.

I won the LU tipping comp last year and trust me, I don't know any where near as much as a lot of posters and most people actually in the game. I just know how to tip.

Continue posting, but if your going to be so closed minded and refuse to acknowledge that you may be wrong about something, don't expect much good discussion back.

CrazyEel

Bench
:lol:

You have a great stash of one-liners Crazy.

Suity
Nah, more like the forum has a great stash of opportunities to employ em, beats me why people go around behaving like an ass but feel insulted when people then start riding them.

Suitman

Post Whore
Nah, more like the forum has a great stash of opportunities to employ em, beats me why people go around behaving like an ass but feel insulted when people then start riding them.

No doubt there are a million opportunities, but you have a stash that I've never heard of. I love 'em.

Suity

BigErn

Juniors

Not insulted champ,
I take everything you say with a grain of salt.
You think personal attacks on people are funny and you get your kicks out of it.

CrazyEel

Bench
No, it was yours, I just turned it back on you was all, I only changed one word in your "Oh Noddy said it, so it can't be true". Surely you can see that.:D

Yep, exactly what I said to you, it's up to each to make up their own minds on who they want to take note of.

That's right, just the same as the rest of us. And just like you we can all form our own opinions too. My opinion of Noddy is not based on his tipping success and I see no relevance of your stats, that's my opinion and I shared it with you. Any problems with that?

I think you did miss the point of it, spiderdan posted his opinion and you posted yours, then I posted mine. What's your issue with that?

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And people were whinging about the Rumours thread :lol: I've seen it all now Noddy has no idea on the game of RL because he is a crap tipster :lol: FMD Crazy i sure hope you have a few more one liners stashed away because you're gunna need them........

spiderdan

Bench
i'd love for our side to be like them in defence, but i love watching entertaining football. seeing how quade cooper has turned out this year makes me wish osbourne's (now pointless) pursuit got cooper's signature. i bagged him a bit last year but crap he can play.

probably a fair call

comes down to cattle. this is what i was saying in mits' thread. and sorta what noddy was getting at. sounds like you agree to some extent as well.
They just don’t have the killer players to blow a side away.
we don't have the quality right now partly because hayne is our only real ball player and we don't have an option to go to.

enter option b to take the pressure off hayne.

in terms of the physical effect a game has on the team (mentioned elsewhere), well that's going to change from game to game depending on what the players have done in training and recovery and where they have done it. i use the canberra game as an example. even when the raiders are crap i rarely tip against them against most sides if they play at bruce stadium at night from may to early august. noot many sides do enough to acclimatise to not just the freezing nights but also the high altitude has an effect. i think very few sports clubs in australia are equiped to cater for close to everything in training (off the top of my head i think only collingwood in the afl has state of the art training facilities)