What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

noddy

antonius

Coach
Anderson showed his true colours today, he takes Buderus off, moves Wing to Dummy Half, and Gower to 5/8th all to accomadate goldilocks at Halfback, who by the way was having an average game. Gower should've started the match, just about everyone in Australia knew that before the game started everyone that is but Anderson. What I want to know is what the justification for taking Buderus off was, it's not as though Buderus was having a sh!t game, why not swap Gower for Kimmorley? What was Kimmorley doing that warranted him staying on? I must have missed it.

legend

Coach
I thought Kimmorley had a good game. Scored the first try and made some excellent kicks. As somebody has already mentioned, the forwards were average and even some of the outside backs were poor. Hegarty and Devere won't help our chances of retaining the Ashes.

It goes without saying that Willie Mason is the worst player ever to wear the green and gold. First touch and he knocks on, chance to set up a try and knocks on. His selection in front of blokes like Davico and Price is a travesty. There will have to be changes against the Poms.

Best for the Aussies was Craig Wing. Had a great game and caused the Kiwi's troubles the whole match.

Any news on the extent of Lockyer's injury?

antonius

Coach
legend said:
I thought Kimmorley had a good game. Scored the first try and made some excellent kicks. As somebody has already mentioned, the forwards were average and even some of the outside backs were poor. Hegarty and Devere won't help our chances of retaining the Ashes.
I look for a halfback to direct the play, and today I don't think Kimmorley did that. Anderson took the player that was doing it off. Kimmorley scored the try, but really any of the players could've put the ball down ( that's all he had to do) The team went backwards when Buderus went off, I'll stick to the view that Gower should've replaced Kimmorley and it should've been done earlier than the eventual change that took place.Yes the forwards were very dissapointing, and Willie shone in that area (dissapointing that is) didn't he?

Briza

Juniors
cheese said:
The lot of you are setting yourselves up!

Kimmorley IS a f**king classy player, and he will prove it yet again in the upcoming test! I just hope all of you have enough towels handy to wipe all the egg off your faces.

ROFLMFAO :lol:

Where would you like your eggs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moffo

Referee
legend said:

It goes without saying that Willie Mason is the worst player ever to wear the green and gold. First touch and he knocks on, chance to set up a try and knocks on. His selection in front of blokes like Davico and Price is a travesty. There will have to be changes against the Poms.

Best for the Aussies was Craig Wing. Had a great game and caused the Kiwi's troubles the whole match.

Your being a boofhead mate. Bitter @ O'Hara being left out id assume :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

Raider_69

Post Whore
Moffo said:
legend said:

Your being a boofhead mate. Bitter @ O'Hara being left out id assume :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

o'hara is injured, thus why he isnt there
But your comment indicates that you think Mason should be in the team ahead of Price or Davico?!?!?!?
He is as lucky as Kimmorley IMO

Moffo

Referee
To say that he is the worst person to ever pull on the Oz jersey is ridiculous

I think even Legend knows that ;-)

Moffo

Raider_69

Post Whore
Moffo said:
To say that he is the worst person to ever pull on the Oz jersey is ridiculous

I think even Legend knows that ;-)

Moffo

so your not disagree that mason is useless and shouldnt be in the aussie jersy
he isnt the worst ever but damn is he crap!

legend

Coach
Come on Moffo, you are bitter because we got under your guard to steal one of the best props in the NRL and you guys got Nathan Sologinkin in return. :lol:

Mason is terrible and he continued with his crap form today. Apart from Paul Hauff, I have never seen a poorer player put on the green and gold.

Frenzy

Juniors
antonius said:
What I want to know is what the justification for taking Buderus off was, it's not as though Buderus was having a sh!t game, why not swap Gower for Kimmorley? What was Kimmorley doing that warranted him staying on? I must have missed it.

Danny was injured. Had his head slammed into the ground by Betham in the first half. Was very likely concussed and unable to play.

It led to awful organisational problems in the team with 3 blokes all wanting to impress as THE playmaker. Doesn't matter to me much which one is halfback, but you can't obviously have BK, CW and CG in the same team. Too many chiefs and not enough indians.

Or a helluva lot of confused indians who don't know who is calling the shots.

Kaz

junior
Frenzy said:
antonius said:
What I want to know is what the justification for taking Buderus off was, it's not as though Buderus was having a sh!t game, why not swap Gower for Kimmorley? What was Kimmorley doing that warranted him staying on? I must have missed it.

Danny was injured. Had his head slammed into the ground by Betham in the first half. Was very likely concussed and unable to play

So that is why Buderus didn't play the ball properly several times & then when he lost it he blamed the Kiwi player.

Moffo

Referee
legend said:
Come on Moffo, you are bitter because we got under your guard to steal one of the best props in the NRL and you guys got Nathan Sologinkin in return. :lol:

Mason is terrible and he continued with his crap form today. Apart from Paul Hauff, I have never seen a poorer player put on the green and gold.

Mate, posting statements like that reminded me of a fellow ex-internet league identity that didn't mind coming out with outlandish statements :lol:

On his day, Mason is a damaging ball runner that has single handedly ripped apart many teams. Sure, he has handling problems at times, but last time i looked, Chris Walker was in a grand final team yet he still hasn't learnt how to tackle

Cheers,
Moffo

Briza

Juniors
I dont like Mason, I think he is a d!ckhead with an attitude problem.

But on his day he is one of the best forwards going !.

panthersballboy

Juniors
If Anderson would stop nibbling Noddy's nuts for a second then he would realise that Gower is the man for the half back position.

JJ

Immortal
legend said:

Point 1 - Kimmorley's kicking game was tragic for the most part - yes he put some good ones in, but the number of times he found a part-time fullback on the full was shameful. As another post said, Gower should have come on for Kimmorley not Buderus - unless Buderus was hurt, which I don't think was the case.

Point 2. Yep - Devere did nothing, and Hegarty does love to run sideways, you had better hope Girdler is fit soon, and that Anderson sees good sense and plays either Lewis or Sing at centre (he'll probably give Bailey a go before that though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Point 3. COuldn't agree more - there are numerous forwards more deserving - Davico, O'Hara, Abraham, Carlaw etc. But if a Canterbury forward is compulsory....what's wrong with Price, O'Meley, Ryan, Scott, Hughes Feeney etc etc??

Point 3. Craig Wing was very good, but I still think he's more effective at hooker.

yappy

Bench
I'm pretty open minded about Noddy, he's far from the worst half going around. Gower is good, but not so good that he demand selection. the point is no half can do sh*t behind a pack getting smashed. Just ask Gower about 2001 and 2002. Noddy looked heaps better behind the Sharks 2002 pack than he did behind the softer 2003 variety (gee did Marty Lang add that much starch? - the answer is a resounding YES!)

The point is Gower wouldn't have done any better behind the softcocks in the Australian forwards. I've made my opinion of Kearns pretty clear. Good at Club level, but a complete nuffy at Rep level. Everyone has given Mason a spray, so I won't bother, Villa didn't get much time so can't be too harsh, but he did nothing with what he did have, and Webke was sound, but sound don't cut it at test level when the opponents are fired up and belting you in the forwards. The side needed a SOO3 performance from Webke, put I think he's only got one or two of those left in him a year. Sadly he's a shadow of his former self - probably time to look to the younger brigade.

Lang and O'Hara should have been in the squad (as well as possibly Shrek) at the expense of the has been's and never were's) and how Clinton didn't get a start is beyond me. If the Roos had their REAL best front row then they would have won, and any criticisms of the halfback would have been redundant.

Rusty

Juniors
All this rambling about how or forward pack was shyte is ludicrous..Kimmorley had his chances and didn't capitalise.

I thought Kimmorley had a good game. Scored the first try and made some excellent kicks.
Excellent kicks??? :roll: His kicks found wingers on the full.JJ agreed..tragic is the word to describe Kimmorley's kicking game.He threw a few good passes ,nothing great just what an average footballer's capable of.

Latest posts