What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noddy's nail on head

st.phil

Bench
This is spot on I think

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v St George Illawarra Dragons at ANZ Stadium
It’s decision time for St George Illawarra coach Steve Price on what he does with Jamie Soward moving forward. When the Dragons are on the front foot, Soward can produce magic but when you’re the goal-kicker your job is to kick the goal under pressure, with the game on the line. I don’t know whether Soward has become complacent after his signing with Penrith but I felt the shot at goal in the 80th minute was certainly kickable. Price has to make a decision now whether to look to the future and blood Josh Drinkwater or persist with Soward.
There was massive controversy toward the end of the game and highlighted throughout the game following the eight-point try from Canterbury-Bankstown fullback Ben Barba. Barba’s knees into the back of Soward were not pretty and I expect him to be charged for that act of foul play. The Bulldogs certainly looked in control and played a patient game for the majority of the match. They are slowly getting back to the side they were last year but I don’t think they will ever return to the level they did last year because it is expected while last season they caught everyone off guard.
On the other side, the Dragons struggled. They looked slow and have been slow starters in matches for a number of weeks. When the Dragons hit the ground, you get one of two teams, the red-hot side who play a fast and exciting brand of football or a team that is fearful of losing.

BennyV

Referee
He is saying what we are all thinking. I still believe that either Drinkwater or Quinlan will add a bit of excitement and enthusiasm into the squad...will see what happens this week...

krispyredv

Juniors
The name we are looking for is Evander Cummins, while Quinlan was impressive on debut, Cummins has 10x the potential.

steggz

Juniors
But why would would you bring them in place of Soward? Fien was terrible in his decision making on Friday night

krispyredv

Juniors
I reckon Rein needs a stint in the cutters so I would have fein as backup hooker with king starting, I would put sowie in 7 and cummins in 6, I think this would work because evander is a very elusive player,you don't know whether he will hit the hole or pass and the acceleration on him is unbelievable, he's a lot faster then soward was at his fastest. This will have opposition defensive lines shitting bricks. In saying that Evander is still injured and this is just another "idea".

BennyV

Referee
I reckon Rein needs a stint in the cutters so I would have fein as backup hooker with king starting, I would put sowie in 7 and cummins in 6, I think this would work because evander is a very elusive player,you don't know whether he will hit the hole or pass and the acceleration on him is unbelievable, he's a lot faster then soward was at his fastest. This will have opposition defensive lines shitting bricks. In saying that Evander is still injured and this is just another "idea".

Evander trained at halfback during the pre-season in opposed ball sessions...just saying...

BennyV

Referee
Then we can leave sowie at 6 and put evander at 7

Evander is out under Rd 16, I imagine he'd need a few games with Cutters before making his first grade debut...

IMO Drinkwater will get the nod soon and will be up to him to hold Evander off...personally, I'd love to see Cummins get a go at the back end of the year to stimulate some speculation as to where he'll fit in next year...

krispyredv

Juniors
Evander is out under Rd 16, I imagine he'd need a few games with Cutters before making his first grade debut...

IMO Drinkwater will get the nod soon and will be up to him to hold Evander off...personally, I'd love to see Cummins get a go at the back end of the year to stimulate some speculation as to where he'll fit in next year...

Same here,would hate to see him leave because the chinless one doesn't give him an opportunity.

TALENted

Juniors
He is saying what we are all thinking. I still believe that either Drinkwater or Quinlan will add a bit of excitement and enthusiasm into the squad...will see what happens this week...

Quinlan has already shone but price prefers viols 5 dropped bombs per game

nontime111

Juniors
WOuldnt you just LOVE to see a Cummins at 6 and Drinkwater at 7 halves combination as soon as possible all?? Thatd shake thing sup a bit in attack wouldnt it?

64 Dragon

Coach
Quinlan has already shone but price prefers viols 5 dropped bombs per game

Who is "viols"? If you are talking about "Vidot", he has been good lately and hasn't dropped any bombs for a while. He does the work of a forward better than some of our forwards. As much as I like Quinlan, he is a lightweight who couldn't do that kind of heavy work.