What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nofa

Vic Mackey

Referee
This guy has has copped a lot over the years from our supporters. Sure some of it has been deserved, but a lot of the time he was the scapegoat when a try was inevitably leaked down the right side.

Though since he's come back into the side this year in Round 11 he's been one of our best. Every week he busts his arse getting us out of our end with quality tackle busting hit ups. His defence has improved out of site. Yesterday Saints did a slick left backline move but Nofa came up, smashed Lafai and knocked the ball free. He is safe at the back and the majority of his tries have him needing to get over the line, he doesnt just fall over it like a lot of wingers.

In fact I'll go as far as saying he's the most improved and under ratedd player in the competiton. I might be talking through black, gold and white eyes but he's now one of the better wingers in the game IMO.

He has had offers from more successful clubs over the years but has stuck solid. If anyone deserves to be playing finals with us its NofaNof.jpg

Tiger05

First Grade
He has been huge. Belting it up game after game and finding his way to the try line as well.

That try when he put the little grubber in around Bradman Best was unreal.

JB04

Juniors
100% Vic mate, I’ll be the first to admit I had given him some flack, particularly concerning defense but this season he’s improved out of site. I’d love nothing more than to watch him next Sunday leading the team song in the sheds after a victory, he thoroughly deserves it.

magpie_man

Juniors
Yep. He's a rep level winger at his best, it has always just been his defensive deficiencies that have held him back.
We can chalk him up as another member of the squad who has improved under Madge.

WA Tiger

Bench
He smashed Lafai I’ll have to find that ...I missed a small bit of the game...I just love that photo with that warewolf growl .It really does say everything...There was another photo of him and Farrah both doing it together after a try when Robbie first came back last year ..amazing ..It’s like an Ali taunt ...Good call He’s easily my = Favourite ...Fearless ..and yet the way he hits the line no injuries? He wouldn’t be out of place with higher honours only in a good way .

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
He has come back into form, might be the fact that he has almost eliminated the cross field garbage that kept us pinned in our 20 all the time. Still has the occasional lapse but has looked really good the last few weeks, right time to find some form. Hard and straight Nofo - hard and straight!!!!!!

Pezz70

Juniors
He has come back into form, might be the fact that he has almost eliminated the cross field garbage that kept us pinned in our 20 all the time. Still has the occasional lapse but has looked really good the last few weeks, right time to find some form. Hard and straight Nofo - hard and straight!!!!!!
Defensively he has been ok, with Momirovski next to him that side has been reasonably solid

Tiger05

First Grade
I know people are talking about his hard and straight running but I reckon he looks lighter on his feet. he is jinking and jiving a bit. I also notice him being used as a runner of the ball at times playing off the halves.

He still comes in defensively but I figure they are jamming on purpose.

The unknown

Juniors
If he played for the roosters or some other top flight club he’d be picked for origin by now

With a decent centre inside him I think we will see his best footy. Although most of his tries so far this year have been individual brilliance

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We gave him a wrap last year

This year I feel Nofa has become one of the best wingers in the game and no one is talking about it
I know it’s weird..like some weeks where he’s hardly mentioned despite was he did on the field....and yes it is mostly individual brilliance...Just supreme confidence in his own ability..He can kick all sorts of kicks He can pass ....He just pops back with 2 tries and now 1 off top spot.

I loved it tonight when Nofo stuck his tongue out after scoring that try..Alexander on Foxtel couldn’t work out why he did that..”not something from our day” he said...Actually it was an expression of pure cockyness and disdain for an opponent (hence frowned upon) that champions have the confidence to do ..eg Ali used to do it....the Maori Haka

something like that I think

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
We gave him a wrap last year

This year I feel Nofa has become one of the best wingers in the game and no one is talking about it

Our best players always fly under the radar. It took 7 years for the Blues to realise Farah was the best hooker they had. To this day, many people believe the only reason Keith Galloway and Chris Lawrence played rep football was because Tim Sheens was the Australian coach at the same time as he was their club coach.

There's no doubting Nofo is among the best. Just look at how NRL.com says he's going:
  • 1st for tackle breaks
  • 1st amongst wingers for dummy half runs
  • Equal 2nd for intercepts
  • Equal 2nd for tries
  • Equal 2nd amongst wingers for try assists
  • Equal 2nd amongst wingers for kick return metres
  • 4th for metres ran
  • Equal 4th for linebreaks
  • 5th amongst wingers for post contact metres
He's just an absolute gun and shows no signs of slowing down.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't see much if any change in his game. He has always been pretty awesome. Sure he has some defensive problems mainly with the high ball against a tall winger. He gets blamed a lot for coming out of his line as well but I think the criticism is typically unfair. He does that regularly and stops plays.

I don't want him playing SOO either. We need him.

WA Tiger

Bench
I know it’s weird..like some weeks where he’s hardly mentioned despite was he did on the field....and yes it is mostly individual brilliance...Just supreme confidence in his own ability..He can kick all sorts of kicks He can pass ....He just pops back with 2 tries and now 1 off top spot.

I loved it tonight when Nofo stuck his tongue out after scoring that try..Alexander on Foxtel couldn’t work out why he did that..”not something from our day” he said...Actually it was an expression of pure cockyness and disdain for an opponent (hence frowned upon) that champions have the confidence to do ..eg Ali used to do it....the Maori Haka

something like that I think
I think Ali used to just open his mouth wide ...so that stuffs up my story .anyway u get my drift

WA Tiger

Bench
I hope they keep him out of SOO, TBH. We need him here.
I see your point but Nofo playing origin is an advertisement for West tigers for future prospects for us..top line players...But no one’s got the balls to back Nofo coz it’s not fashionable...Surely Freddy can’t ignore those stats for ever ..

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
I hope they keep him out of SOO, TBH. We need him here.

Origin is in November this year though, and tbh I reckon end of season is where it should stay

He’s playing better than Addo-Carr atm, who’s the incumbent and Freddy might be slightly off him with his off-field antics

Latest posts