What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I see what you're saying.... The Dolphins are as cunning as us when it comes to recruitment. We'll need to be alert to their canny moves if we're going to win that 2023 premiership......
I'd say they're a few years behind us, but they obviously know the playbook. They aren't shelling out overs for superstars. They are being patient and looking for value.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I'd say they're a few years behind us, but they obviously know the playbook. They aren't shelling out overs for superstars. They are being patient and looking for value.
I'd say they still have a very large offer for Ponga in their arse pocket. If Newcastle go like busteds in the first half of this year he might be begging to get out of the place.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Wayne Bennett looks set to poach his first South Sydney player with Mark Nicholls in line to receive an early mark to leave Redfern to join the NRL newcomers.

As Storm premiership winner and New Zealand international Jesse Bromwich became the latest player to pledge his future to the Dolphins, the Herald can reveal Nicholls will be confirmed as the Redcliffe club’s latest signing next week.

^^article suggests 650 per year for Bromwich over 2 years

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
The rule change is as follows:

Penalties will be awarded instead of set restarts (six again) for ruck or 10m infringements inside the 40m zone of the team in possession. This will provide an additional deterrence to defending teams who are willing to concede set restarts to gain a tactical advantage. It will also provide more opportunities for teams receiving the penalty to attack from a better field position.

Game Day Policy Amendments​

Team List Announcements – To complement the addition of the 18th player rule introduced last season, team announcements on Tuesday will proportionately increase from 21 to 22 players.

Free Interchange – A free interchange will only be granted in instances of foul play where the offending player is sin binned or sent-off. A free interchange will no longer apply when players are placed on report.

Injury Stoppages – With the exception of head injuries, only a referee, touch judge or The Bunker will be permitted to stop play for an injury. Trainers will retain the ability to stop play where a head injury has occurred. Medical trainers will continue to have unlimited access to the field at any time to treat an injured player.

Latest posts