What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member

86337D67-5747-47B8-8594-8005286F18F9.jpeg

Below is a 125 page paper on professional sport being impacted on referee decisions and some may find it interesting.

Essentially at the time of writing there does not seem to be any precedent where a court has awarded relief in equity and ordering the reversal of a match result . There are precedents which impact decisions where match fixing has occured or on the case of NSWRL, where unregistered players had been used.

There is a chance in torts for a team to seek damages for brech of duty of care however, this is dicussed at length but the “but if” test would need to be proven. I don’t think that the tigers would be seeking $$ compensation and are pushing for the 2 points.

Indeed this statement seems to be most relevant to the Tigers.

“Case Law demonstrates a judicial reluctance to interfere with the outcome of sports contests unless there is a showing of bad faith, fraud or corruption. The same resistance has been met in holding sports officials personally liable for monetary injuries resulting from officiating mistakes.”

Personally, I hope that the tigers don’t go down the path of litigation, whilst they may have written advice that favours seeking relief, I’d say that it’s not in the spirit of the game and sets a dangerous example moving forward.

Edit: I don’t know much about horse racing, but they do have a process of race protest. Hmmm now I am conflicted.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The announcement about the NRL Grand Final this morning had way too much "cocks out" agression for my liking. We need to f**k off V'Landys and find a leader that decision makers like.

Gronk

Staff member
The announcement about the NRL Grand Final this morning had way too much "cocks out" agression for my liking. We need to f**k off V'Landys and find a leader that decision makers like.
Yes, there was bravado about the last two weeks and the game of bluff played out in the media was cringy, but we had a deal. Gladys canned the redevelopment of the Olympic stadium and the new guy did a deal with PVL to upgrade suburban grounds. In return NSW gets the GF for yonks.

So when Perrretttee announces a backflip, do we roll over or don the boxing gloves ?

Personally I don’t give a crap about Brookvale or Leichhardt. I absolutely don’t give a crap about privately owned Shark Park getting tarted up for free.

But a deal is a deal. If the CEO did nothing and acquiesced, merkins would have been even more outraged.

On the flip slide, Souths agreed to be the anchor tenant of the Olympic stadium moving forward. They cut a bargin deal sighting that most if their fans live out there these days. Now they want to play out of the shiny new stadium at Moore Park. Should Perreeettteee lets them back out ?

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes, there was bravado about the last two weeks and the game of bluff played out in the media was cringy, but we had a deal. Gladys canned the redevelopment of the Olympic stadium and the new guy did a deal with PVL to upgrade suburban grounds. In return NSW gets the GF for yonks.

So when Perrretttee announces a backflip, do we roll over or don the boxing gloves ?

Personally I don’t give a crap about Brookvale or Leichhardt. I absolutely don’t give a crap about privately owned Shark Park getting tarted up for free.

But a deal is a deal. If the CEO did nothing and acquiesced, merkins would have been even more outraged.

On the flip slide, Souths agreed to be the anchor tenant of the Olympic stadium moving forward. They cut a bargin deal sighting that most if their fans live out there these days. Now they want to play out of the shiny new stadium at Moore Park. Should Perreeettteee lets them back out ?
Go hard behind the scenes when we’ve been dudded, but all I’m asking for is a level of decorum in the public eye. He looked like a complete dick.

strider

Post Whore
Go hard behind the scenes when we’ve been dudded, but all I’m asking for is a level of decorum in the public eye. He looked like a complete dick.
But he was telling funnies .... did you see the MCG joke. Ahhhhhh pete, you trickster

King-Gutho94

Coach
There is two sides i suppose.

If the NRL just roll over now when are things ever going to get done.

The NSW Government have been assholes reneging on deals for years. What's going to change if they announce anything in 5 years time.

This stadium shit has been going on for 10-15 years.

I suppose the one positive is we have got our shiny new stadium so it doesn't affect Parra but a lot of these suburban grounds need an upgrade if not now then when is it.

There will be another excuse trotted out down the line and to be fair the NRL or PVL are probably sick of them from the NSW Government.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Id say he would have gone hard privately and got nowhere

Politicians talk the talk puplically all the time and then dont do the walk, so I dont mind PV coming out puplically and imposing a return serve. Time these pricks coped it back , if anything it will hurt in the voting booths

Latest posts