What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're a silly billy.

I have no doubt he would charge less to perform at a festival 5-7 minutes drive from his home than in Bumf**k NSW. For the same reason, Taylor Swift only performed in Sydney and Melbourne instead of every capital in the country.

hindy111

Post Whore
On a slightly related note. I know you make your own amps, but what what do you reckon the best options are broadly available (2nd hand is fine) small combo valve amps with a sound profile like a Mesa Boogie 22? Obviously there are plenty of old Mesa Boogie 22's around, but is there anything else I should look for? I'm thinking of getting my old Fender out of the back shed.

I don't know heaps about Messas. But for home use Nothing over 15W really needed. With a nice 12inch Alinco speaker.
Favourite amps are Princeton Reverbs and putting a 12 in them

hindy111

Post Whore
Can you put more than 12 in them?

In a 15W? I mean you can but you want to be able to push it to the sweet spot. If you put 2 x 12inches in parallel it wouldn't drive it hard enough so it would stay to clean and no real compression. It would stay far to tight.
I've experimented with 4 x 6 inches and even 1 big 15inch but I personaly find 12 inch is perfect for home use. It gets the job done and don't have to worry about blowing it.

Latest posts