What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
and so many union reps are Scottish

And some go into politics

images

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yep. I was at a talk a couple of weeks ago where the CSIRO was the keynote guy, and the bloke who was hosting the talk whinged about the fact that none of the products developed by CSIRO get manufactured here. IT's not hard to work out why.

No it's not hard at all.

Capital's pursuit of greater returns is clearly the culprit here.

Gronk

Staff member
Remember that QLD MP merkin who bc his broadband was crap, he hot-spotted his 4G phone and let the kids etc all go crazy on Netflix ? He then charged it to the Gov bc he gives no f**ks ?

BTW to prove he gives no f**ks - He has a Masters Degree in Information Technology.

http://www.robert.com.au/about/

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee service departments of car dealerships are useless!!

Car handle on my new car is broken, yet they can’t tell me if it’s covered by warranty on the spot. It should only take 5 mins to check and say yes or no it’s covered yet they want to charge me $100 if it’s not for their time.

Questioned the 18 year old talking down to me about it but said it takes time to work out if the handle is covered.

Fully understand the $100 cost if it is a bigger problem with the engine etc that takes time, but a bloody car handle? FFS!!

Anyhow I assume it will be covered!!

hindy111

Post Whore

Car handle on my new car is broken, yet they can’t tell me if it’s covered by warranty on the spot. It should only take 5 mins to check and say yes or no it’s covered yet they want to charge me $100 if it’s not for their time.

Questioned the 18 year old talking down to me about it but said it takes time to work out if the handle is covered.

Fully understand the $100 cost if it is a bigger problem with the engine etc that takes time, but a bloody car handle? FFS!!

No way. How much did car cost? Dont pay a cent and ask who pays for your time. You bought a new car for reliabiltiy due to not wanting to waste time fixing problems on an old car I assume. Sick of big companies pushing weight.
Find out if covered by warranty ffs. That is ridiculous

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No way. How much did car cost? Dont pay a cent and ask who pays for your time. You bought a new car for reliabiltiy due to not wanting to waste time fixing problems on an old car I assume. Sick of big companies pushing weight.
Find out if covered by warranty ffs. That is ridiculous

Lucky they have just informed me its covered, so no cost.

That’s the problem you can check the warranty but it’s the dealer who confirms yes or no, if it’s no, then you have the argument.

Gronk

Staff member

Josh if it broke in day to day use, then they have to replace it.

ACL states that a good must be fit for its purpose and fit a reasonable expectation.

https://cdn.tspace.gov.au/uploads/sites/60/2016/05/0553FT_ACL-guides_Guarantees_web.pdf

So it a TV stops working after a year, that's not good enough - even if the "warranty" is for 12 months. As it is reasonable to expect a TV to last more than 12 months.

If a handle broke in the normal day to day use of the vehicle - then they have to replace it. No argument.

Tell them that you have already spoken to Fair Trading and you can get them to call the dealership if they want to discuss it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lucky they have just informed me its covered, so no cost.

That’s the problem you can check the warranty but it’s the dealer who confirms yes or no, if it’s no, then you have the argument.

I am sure with social media you can threaten to rubbish their product quite easily if they dont give you whats fair.

Latest posts