What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Sco Mo's announcement of the re-opening of Christmas Island Detention Centre was nothing more than a fear mongering tactic aimed towards vulnerable thinking Aussies who fear Muslim inflow into this country. He did it for no other reason than to gain votes from the ill-informed. When I say ill-informed, I mean the types that believe every single word from the shock jocks, who shout messages like these from the hills.
I'm sick to death of politicians in this country playing politics with the lives of desperate people, just so they can hold on to their jobs. This tactic was so transparent after the passing of the bill last week.

Well said.

I can add to that and say that all the meaningful Royal Commissions have been reactions to 4Corners programs etc. The public are not idiots. Why does it take an expose for these idiots to actually do anything about it. Looks like there will be an RC into the disabilities sector now and hopefully we also get one into the Murray Darling and while we’re at it, Climate Change.

It seems that the only way we get progress these days is when an independent merkin with a big stick rattles the Politician’s cages.

I will finish this rant by wondering out loud how the f**k can a government only sit for 10 days before a May election ?

Incorrect

Coach
Well said.

I can add to that and say that all the meaningful Royal Commissions have been reactions to 4Corners programs etc. The public are not idiots. Why does it take an expose for these idiots to actually do anything about it. Looks like there will be an RC into the disabilities sector now and hopefully we also get one into the Murray Darling and while we’re at it, Climate Change.

It seems that the only way we get progress these days is when an independent merkin with a big stick rattles the Politician’s cages.

I will finish this rant by wondering out loud how the f**k can a government only sit for 10 days before a May election ?
It feels like there’s talk of a new RC in to something or other every other month these days.

Can only be a matter of time until there’s one in to why the Eels haven’t won a comp in 33 years and counting....