What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Suitman

Post Whore
Scotty has called in the reinforcements. Omeo, Victoria.

Furthermore, this is what happens to an AWS when a fire approaches...

174498_9b211a18c44b75feb3641be7641b3c7c.png

Eelogical

Referee
The biggest MIA is the Minister for Home Affairs who's portfolio includes "emergency management". Has anyone seen him in the past 8 weeks ?

images
David Elliott needs PD to hold his hand? I'm sure Queenslanders would run with that.

84 Baby

Referee
The biggest MIA is the Minister for Home Affairs who's portfolio includes "emergency management". Has anyone seen him in the past 8 weeks ?

images
I believe he was one of the first responders and is just taking time to recover
images

(How good does that look @I’m a loser baby... )

T.S Quint

Coach
glad you are safe ... thanks for the info .... lets pray today doesn't get as bad as expected

what is your families plan if the fires come? To leave? Or try and fight it?

They didn't plan to fight it, just keeping an eye out for any embers that may land and start something.
They have moved away from the farm at Narooma into the Dalmeny House because there's at least running water there. There's easy escape from both places (short walk to the beach and from there easy access into town). There was a fire about 7kms from them at Kianga but reports are it has been put out, thank f**k for that. Apparently the southerly came through a little while ago, so for now just watching everything intently and waiting for any news.

Suitman

Post Whore
They didn't plan to fight it, just keeping an eye out for any embers that may land and start something.
They have moved away from the farm at Narooma into the Dalmeny House because there's at least running water there. There's easy escape from both places (short walk to the beach and from there easy access into town). There was a fire about 7kms from them at Kianga but reports are it has been put out, thank f**k for that. Apparently the southerly came through a little while ago, so for now just watching everything intently and waiting for any news.

Great news for your family T.S at this stage.
I hope it stays the same for the foreseeable future.