What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Eelementary

Post Whore
I remember you posting a while back about some drainage issues in your backyard. Is the water getting inside the house now or just flooded outside??

My wife actually just had some work done on the outside; long story short, plumbers dug some trenches, and installed a drainage system.

But the same room keeps flooding.

I think there are a number of factors - the soil is packed with clay, so the water has no place to go, and it pools, and seeps into the house.

And there is no natural slope, so the water cannot naturally drain away.

The flooding is not as bad as it once was, so the plumbers' work made it a little better - but it still sucks that when it rains heavily, I know I'm going to get flooded.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My wife actually just had some work done on the outside; long story short, plumbers dug some trenches, and installed a drainage system.

But the same room keeps flooding.

I think there are a number of factors - the soil is packed with clay, so the water has no place to go, and it pools, and seeps into the house.

And there is no natural slope, so the water cannot naturally drain away.

The flooding is not as bad as it once was, so the plumbers' work made it a little better - but it still sucks that when it rains heavily, I know I'm going to get flooded.
The drainage system sounds about as effective as a Parramatta defensive line. Who built it? BA?