What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Incorrect

Coach
My wife actually just had some work done on the outside; long story short, plumbers dug some trenches, and installed a drainage system.

But the same room keeps flooding.

I think there are a number of factors - the soil is packed with clay, so the water has no place to go, and it pools, and seeps into the house.

And there is no natural slope, so the water cannot naturally drain away.

The flooding is not as bad as it once was, so the plumbers' work made it a little better - but it still sucks that when it rains heavily, I know I'm going to get flooded.
That sucks. Do your neighbours have similar issues??

hindy111

Post Whore
My wife actually just had some work done on the outside; long story short, plumbers dug some trenches, and installed a drainage system.

But the same room keeps flooding.

I think there are a number of factors - the soil is packed with clay, so the water has no place to go, and it pools, and seeps into the house.

And there is no natural slope, so the water cannot naturally drain away.

The flooding is not as bad as it once was, so the plumbers' work made it a little better - but it still sucks that when it rains heavily, I know I'm going to get flooded.

What room is it? I'd suggest if you feel getting rid of the flooding completely won't happen or is to expensive would be too tile the floor and also do a skirting out of tiles perhaps 150mm high. Atleast the gybrock walls and whatever the floors are won't be getting ruined.
Weatherproof right around the edges also. Not ideal but it atleast means can dry it up.
The only other option that maybe possible could be a hedge/plants where the water is falling at the side of house. Atleast the shrubs will help suck the water out of the ground and dry it out faster.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What room is it? I'd suggest if you feel getting rid of the flooding completely won't happen or is to expensive would be too tile the floor and also do a skirting out of tiles perhaps 150mm high. Atleast the gybrock walls and whatever the floors are won't be getting ruined.
Weatherproof right around the edges also. Not ideal but it atleast means can dry it up.
The only other option that maybe possible could be a hedge/plants where the water is falling at the side of house. Atleast the shrubs will help suck the water out of the ground and dry it out faster.
Our house is a 4 bedroom place; the garage is the first room, then my room, then the next three room, then the living room, then the backyard.

It's my room that floods.

The plumbers reckoned it had to do with the seep holes being too low; the water would pool up, and seep into the seep holes, and into the house.

They dug out a lot of soil, which was laden with clay (explaining why the water would not drain), added some drainage, replaced the soil, added some blue metal, and relaid the whole lot back.

Honestly, they did a great job.

It's just that the design of the house is totally imbecilic.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Our house is a 4 bedroom place; the garage is the first room, then my room, then the next three room, then the living room, then the backyard.

It's my room that floods.

The plumbers reckoned it had to do with the seep holes being too low; the water would pool up, and seep into the seep holes, and into the house.
Yikes... Fingers crossed. Some suburbs also have higher water tables, where water from the surrounding earth just doesn't drain away as quick as the rains can come down.

We're on a slope, and dread the heavy fast rains, as it all comes off the street and surges down our driveway (which thankfully goes to the side of the house) and inundates the back yard. On our 1980s era concrete slab we once had some seepage/flooding two years ago? in the downstairs (garage/laundry/rumpus), and if the the yard surrounding the house just stays wet I'm sure we'll run into problems again if this rain keeps up.

Looks like we're a world leader. Aussie Aussie Aussie!!

Of the six regulators, Australia had the highest proportion of budget from industry fees (96%) and in 2020-2021 approved more than nine of every 10 drug company applications. Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) firmly denies that its almost exclusive reliance on pharmaceutical industry funding is a conflict of interest (COI). In response to a query, the agency said, “All fees and charges are prescribed in our legislation. To provide transparency, the TGA fees and charges are published on the TGA website.”

Noise

Coach
Arrived in Fiji last night and a young local guy that worked at the duty free shop came up to chat while I was waiting for my boards. Asked where I was from (told him)and said he loved rugby league. Asked what team he went for and he said the Eels. High fives were exchanged once I told him I did too. He’s a big fan of Sivo and before him, Semi (obviously). Thinks Brad Arthur is shit too…probably.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Joker will need to keep his nerve, as Nick will no doubt go the full Camillions on him, niggle the ruck and be in the refs ear, smash rackets and pick fights with the crowd. It worked against the greek merkin who had a melt down in his match.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Joker will need to keep his nerve, as Nick will no doubt go the full Camillions on him, niggle the ruck and be in the refs ear, smash rackets and pick fights with the crowd. It worked against the greek merkin who had a melt down in his match.
Agree. It’s his only hope.

I saw some commentary about the idea of a ‘lucky loser’ that should have played Bradbury in the semi final but I think that’s even less fair than the current situation. Imagine if that merkin won his next two games and took out the title?

Latest posts